38th District Draw Results:

The main reason behind seeding was the expectations of Coach Matt Botner. He said by seeding expectations for NC Basketball would be higher and he really thought in the future he could keep his team in the top 3 seeds which would in turn keep him from playing the 1 seed. On the other hand Robertson offered to take the automatic 4 seed hoping they would be the best anyway for the next three years and they will be very good so I don’t blame them! But do they know something about Allen we don’t for next year? Also by taking the 4 seed they wouldn’t have to take 4 automatic district losses to HC and PC in the not so near future and could schedule 4 “easier” games. I like Coach Botner’s thinking better, it’s worked for baseball/softball! Aren’t high expectations what we expect from our school districts?

Edited by Pr1de
Additions

The main reason behind seeding was the expectations of Coach Matt Botner. He said by seeding expectations for NC Basketball would be higher and he really thought in the future he could keep his team in the top 3 seeds which would in turn keep him from playing the 1 seed. On the other hand Robertson offered to take the automatic 4 seed hoping they would be the best anyway for the next three years and they will be very good so I don’t blame them! But do they know something about Allen we don’t for next year? Also by taking the 4 seed they wouldn’t have to take 4 automatic district losses to HC and PC in the not so near future and could schedule 4 “easier” games. I like Coach Botner’s thinking better, it’s worked for baseball/softball! Aren’t high expectations what we expect from our school districts?

Just stop. He’s not leaving PC until he graduates.

I am glad to know the reason for Nicholas' boys lack of success all of these years is because low expectations. The reason their baseball and softball teams have had success is because they are better than Pendleton and Robertson in both, which is the reason why they should seed in those sports. That isn't the case now nor has it been in the past in regard to boys or girls basketball. Recently yes for their girls, but not the whole time.

I have it on good authority, that money was the reason behind Nicholas seeding. Today at the meeting, when it looked like vote for profit sharing was going to fail. Nicholas was about to give up and keep the draw. When they saw that the profit share was going to pass, they were on board for seeding. So unfortunately, money was more important than giving their kids the best opportunity to advance. I will say at least they were up front about it. I guess.

What does money have to do with anything and how will seeding help them make more money? Just curious

Profit sharing. The two teams that go to the region share their region windfall with the two who are eliminated.

I see. Thanks. In about 2 years I can see Nicholas easily being the 2nd or 3rd best team in their district. I honestly think every district should be seeded. Every district is like that, the teams that go to the region share their windfall with the teams that are eliminated. It’s not just the 38th district

Edited by Big Baller