Spencer County 55 Pleasure Ridge Park 52

I know I'm biased, but when I talk about great coaching I look at a coach who doesn't quite have the talent as everybody else and still wins games. When people talk about coach of the year they always vote for the guy whose team is loaded with talent and has lots of wins. When you have the best talent year after year you should win. Coach Burns is winning with two freshmen in the starting lineup. If Sam Conley had not missed the first 7 games. Your looking at a team that could be 19-2. Five of those losses were single digits and three were last second losses. Burns has my vote as 8th region coach of the year. Desire and coaching won that game for Spencer County.

I know I'm biased, but when I talk about great coaching I look at a coach who doesn't quite have the talent as everybody else and still wins games. When people talk about coach of the year they always vote for the guy whose team is loaded with talent and has lots of wins. When you have the best talent year after year you should win. Coach Burns is winning with two freshmen in the starting lineup. If Sam Conley had not missed the first 7 games. Your looking at a team that could be 19-2. Five of those losses were single digits and three were last second losses. Burns has my vote as 8th region coach of the year. Desire and coaching won that game for Spencer County.

That is a very good win for Spencer County as PRP is talented with or without Trey Hill available. He has been out and I suspect he is still not playing, but regardless a nice win. To suggest Coach Mabrey was out coached, then Coach Burns had to be doing some good things on the sideline.

I get saying "if" your star player was not out the record would be much different, but that cuts both ways. Again, I don't know if Hill played or not. But if he did not play, you could use the same logic about Conley not playing stopped a 19-2 record and also suggest that had Hill played then Spencer would not have had this victory. Just thought it was only fair to point that out, but regardless a great win against a very solid PRP team with great talent. I want to get to see Conley, I suspect he is getting it done in various ways.

If what I heard is true I would be surprised if the player you mentioned plays another game this year. Spencer County isn't just Conley. I believe they had five players in double figures last night. PRP had the athleticism at every position. It was coaching and desire.

How impressive is Brannen coaching Walton Verona to the all A state championship without having their 6'10 center touch the floor?