Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spencer County 55 Pleasure Ridge Park 52

Featured Replies

Pretty huge win for Spencer

PRP got out coached in this one! Spencer kept it close and did overcome some bad calls at the end of the game... Nice win for the Bears!!!

  • Author

I know I'm biased, but when I talk about great coaching I look at a coach who doesn't quite have the talent as everybody else and still wins games. When people talk about coach of the year they always vote for the guy whose team is loaded with talent and has lots of wins. When you have the best talent year after year you should win. Coach Burns is winning with two freshmen in the starting lineup. If Sam Conley had not missed the first 7 games. Your looking at a team that could be 19-2. Five of those losses were single digits and three were last second losses. Burns has my vote as 8th region coach of the year. Desire and coaching won that game for Spencer County.

I know I'm biased, but when I talk about great coaching I look at a coach who doesn't quite have the talent as everybody else and still wins games. When people talk about coach of the year they always vote for the guy whose team is loaded with talent and has lots of wins. When you have the best talent year after year you should win. Coach Burns is winning with two freshmen in the starting lineup. If Sam Conley had not missed the first 7 games. Your looking at a team that could be 19-2. Five of those losses were single digits and three were last second losses. Burns has my vote as 8th region coach of the year. Desire and coaching won that game for Spencer County.

 

That is a very good win for Spencer County as PRP is talented with or without Trey Hill available. He has been out and I suspect he is still not playing, but regardless a nice win. To suggest Coach Mabrey was out coached, then Coach Burns had to be doing some good things on the sideline.

I get saying "if" your star player was not out the record would be much different, but that cuts both ways. Again, I don't know if Hill played or not. But if he did not play, you could use the same logic about Conley not playing stopped a 19-2 record and also suggest that had Hill played then Spencer would not have had this victory. Just thought it was only fair to point that out, but regardless a great win against a very solid PRP team with great talent. I want to get to see Conley, I suspect he is getting it done in various ways.

  • Author

If what I heard is true I would be surprised if the player you mentioned plays another game this year. Spencer County isn't just Conley. I believe they had five players in double figures last night. PRP had the athleticism at every position. It was coaching and desire.

here are some of the game highlights

 

I know I'm biased, but when I talk about great coaching I look at a coach who doesn't quite have the talent as everybody else and still wins games. When people talk about coach of the year they always vote for the guy whose team is loaded with talent and has lots of wins. When you have the best talent year after year you should win. Coach Burns is winning with two freshmen in the starting lineup. If Sam Conley had not missed the first 7 games. Your looking at a team that could be 19-2. Five of those losses were single digits and three were last second losses. Burns has my vote as 8th region coach of the year. Desire and coaching won that game for Spencer County.

 

How impressive is Brannen coaching Walton Verona to the all A state championship without having their 6'10 center touch the floor?

  • Author
here are some of the game highlights

 

 

Cool! Thanks MrMidLine.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.