Ballard 72 Fern Creek 66

This was an absolute track meet. 2 teams loaded with athletes taking it to the rim every chance they could get and the refs letting the kids play (as they usually do in the city). I personally enjoy the game alot more when there's not a call every time down the floor, which there certainly could have been.

I thought Fern Creek looked extra hype before the game and thry came out holding a 4-6 pt lead the whole 1st half. Ballard just hung around enough to make a run. 5 points was nothing in this game because either team could make that up within a minute or less. Just a well played, fun game to watch as a fan. Ballard's program continues to be the standard yr in and yr out. A top 10 team almost every yr. is impressive. I thought Price, Wales, and Witcliff were all nice, had solid games, but have probably played better. Fern Creek had a couple opportunities to tie with a 3 with around 15-20 seconds left but missed them both.

This was a game where you could limit the X's and O's as a coach and just let the kids make plays and be ball players. This was "city ball" @ it's finest.

Seems like FC has been coming up a little short in some of these games.

Yes they have and a big part is they are missing their "go get a bucket" guy from last season, Chance Moore. He is really missed and his scoring is hard to replace from any single person. It has fallen on those big three mentioned, but if any one of them has an off night it shows. Price has been outstanding in January, but Wales has been in a shooting slump in January. When he is shooting well and scoring at a high clip Fern Creek is very tough to beat. But these games where they have been coming up short are also games where he is struggling from the field which is unusual considering his career shooting percentages. With Wickliffe he is like most big men in that he has to work hard to receive the ball down low and get his touches. When he is getting his touches he is scoring. But if he is being defended well resulting in fewer touches than he becomes less engaged on defense. It is a natural tendency that just needs to be worked out much like the shooting slump for Wales. If those two things turn around and a few other tweaks, I feel they will be ready by tourney time to make another strong run.

Yes they have and a big part is they are missing their "go get a bucket" guy from last season, Chance Moore. He is really missed and his scoring is hard to replace from any single person. It has fallen on those big three mentioned, but if any one of them has an off night it shows. Price has been outstanding in January, but Wales has been in a shooting slump in January. When he is shooting well and scoring at a high clip Fern Creek is very tough to beat. But these games where they have been coming up short are also games where he is struggling from the field which is unusual considering his career shooting percentages. With Wickliffe he is like most big men in that he has to work hard to receive the ball down low and get his touches. When he is getting his touches he is scoring. But if he is being defended well resulting in fewer touches than he becomes less engaged on defense. It is a natural tendency that just needs to be worked out much like the shooting slump for Wales. If those two things turn around and a few other tweaks, I feel they will be ready by tourney time to make another strong run.

My money is still on FC. Their style of play is just hard to deal with in a tourney setting.