Apollo Hires Phillip Hawkins As New Football Head Coach

Congratulations Coach Hawk! Really happy for Apollo - terrific hire. Really sad for Doss.

The biggest attribute I have seen from Coach Hawk is that he is a Big Mentor and advocate for the young men at Doss. I know he has been a significant presence in the lives of the young men of Doss. 2 years ago, I saw them defeat Highlands in the playoffs for a program ascending win. Followed them to the CHardin 7v7 and they were the most impressive team there (save for maybe Collins). Saw them never quit and come back in the best game I saw last year in their District Clinching win at Fern Creek. I was hoping they could advance in the playoffs more, but such is life. The kids from Doss were the winner of Coach Hawk being there.

My knowledge of Apollo is limited but I don't see a ton of similarities between the schools, BUT I feel confident Coach Hawk will be as big an asset at Apollo as at Doss. He will need help though and am concerned by some of the posts in the Open Job: Apollo thread.

Looking at some of the posts, he's got his work cut out for him. I wish him luck. Sounds like a good guy. I hope he gets the program on the right track. They (Apollo) need a home run on this hire. From what Purple88 said, sounds like they've hit it out of the park. I hope the school gets behind him.