Project Veritas Releases Video Of Twitter Software Engineers Admitting To Spying

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Project Veritas has video footage of four separate software engineers from Twitter admitting that they have surveillance teams and machines that "look" at every communication sent on Twitter - including direct messages - and they back them all up on servers.

"Everything you send is stored on my server. So all your sex messages and you, like, [dirty] pics are on my server now. All your illegitimate wives and, like, all the girls you’ve been [screwing] around with, they’re are on my server now. I’m going to send it to your wife, she’s going use it in your divorce.”...

“So, what happens is like, you like, write something or post pictures on line, they never go away. Because even after you send them, people are like analyzing them, to see what you are interested in, to see what you are talking about. And they sell that data.”

-Pranay Singh

LANGUAGE WARNING

Do these services guarantee your privacy? This seems like a Captain Obvious situation.

No they don't and they state as much in their terms of service and privacy statements, but nobody reads the terms of service or privacy statements before using these services.

People have an unrealistic expectation of privacy, especially those who frequently post on Facebook and Twitter.

Because the report kept repeating the same things over and over, I did not watch the entire video. I skipped to the conclusion.

At any point, did the reporter say whether those being filmed gave their permission to have their conversations recorded much less replayed in a report? The producer sure made it appear that the videos were covert.