Boyle County 42 Danville 35

Baby J balling as usual. They got a comfortable win like that with Bryce only having 3? Nice.

They were behind most of the game but it was close the entire game and they pulled it out with defense and rebounding in the 4th quarter. Danville scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and 2 of those points came at the final buzzer on an uncontested layup.

This game was weird to me as it was a much slower pace than Boyle County is used to playing. Danville’s offense was pretty much pass it around the perimeter and whoever wants to shoot it take the shot. It became super predictable after a while figuring out who is and who isn’t going to shoot. If everyone is hitting shots it works. When they start missing and can’t get the offensive rebounds they got in trouble.

Forgive the proud parent moment but I thought Baby J did a great job of providing offense tonight. He started the game hitting his first two 3 point attempts and then used crafty moves to get to the goal and score in the paint. In a situation like tonight you want your senior leaders to step up and perform and Baby J didn’t let us down tonight. I was very proud of him. Danville did a great job defending Bryce as he didn’t get many open looks and Baby J and Reese Smith did a great job of providing the offense for the team. Grant Hotchkiss did what he always does and filled the stat sheet and all of the little things that don’t show up on the stat sheet. Will Bramel’s return has inproved the mettle and stability of this team on offense and defense. This game was a great team win and a great experience win for them.

They were behind most of the game but it was close the entire game and they pulled it out with defense and rebounding in the 4th quarter. Danville scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and 2 of those points came at the final buzzer on an uncontested layup.

This game was weird to me as it was a much slower pace than Boyle County is used to playing. Danville’s offense was pretty much pass it around the perimeter and whoever wants to shoot it take the shot. It became super predictable after a while figuring out who is and who isn’t going to shoot. If everyone is hitting shots it works. When they start missing and can’t get the offensive rebounds they got in trouble.

Forgive the proud parent moment but I thought Baby J did a great job of providing offense tonight. He started the game hitting his first two 3 point attempts and then used crafty moves to get to the goal and score in the paint. In a situation like tonight you want your senior leaders to step up and perform and Baby J didn’t let us down tonight. I was very proud of him. Danville did a great job defending Bryce as he didn’t get many open looks and Baby J and Reese Smith did a great job of providing the offense for the team. Grant Hotchkiss did what he always does and filled the stat sheet and all of the little things that don’t show up on the stat sheet. Will Bramel’s return has inproved the mettle and stability of this team on offense and defense. This game was a great team win and a great experience win for them.

Lol...brother be a proud parent, and forget anyone that has a problem with it....good win

Danville shot 3 after 3 after 3 after 3 after 3.....and only made one the whole game. When they was driving the ball to the basket they got any shot they wanted. Danville dribbles the ball way too much. Boyle just sat back in that zone and let Danville shoot 3s all game. I think I read where Danville was 1/18 from the 3 point line. Yikes!!!

I'm just going to say it. I knew Danville was doomed at halftime and here's why...

They have a ton of athletic talent on their roster. Will Bramel picked up his second foul really early in the game. Conventional wisdom says that surely Danville will attack the rim and dominate the paint with him on the bench. Heck, they should have gone to the rim 40 straight times in the first half. Instead, the passed around the perimeter and fired up outside shots. They occasionally made a few but gave up a golden opportunity to be up 10-15 points at the half. Instead, they led by 1 point.

There isn't a team anywhere around that could keep all of Danville's athletes off the boards if they just attacked the rim.

Honestly, if I was coaching Danville, I would ban three-pointers for a quarter and force the team to shoot layups.

I don't mean that to offend anyone but half of Danville's roster was dunking in pregame. They have athletes all over the court. They are built for in your face pressure defense, attacking the rim and ruining lives on the offensive glass.

Just my opinion. As always, Go Ads and Go Rebels!

Grind.....Grind......Grind......Win!

Agree completely with everyones previous post.

This win makes Boyle a better team IMO. They really handled the situation very well in the second half and completely managed the tempo.

Lincoln comes to town Friday Night!!