George Rogers Clark vs North Oldham predictions (at Eastern)

Which team will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

• GRC
    • North Oldham

GRC will take on North Oldham at 2:00 on Wednesday in the City of Middletown classic @ Eastern. GRC had a great last week beating Ashland @ Ashland and Waggner @ Morehead and Perry Co Central @ Morehead. GRC has won their last 5 game and are 8-2.

You thoughts and predictions for the Cards this week in the tourney @ Eastern.

GRC will take on North Oldham at 2:00 on Wednesday in the City of Middletown classic @ Eastern. GRC had a great last week beating Ashland @ Ashland and Waggner @ Morehead and Perry Co Central @ Morehead. GRC has won their last 5 game and are 8-2.

You thoughts and predictions for the Cards this week in the tourney @ Eastern.

Strength of schedule alone they are leaving the rest of the 10th in the dust.

PC, with the post Christmas tourney at Lexington Catholic coming up is also climbing up the SOS

I have seen GRC play three times this season and I have seen three different teams each time. If the real GCR shows up they will beat N. Oldham, plus win the tourney.

What games did you see? I agree if we play like we did against Waggner we can be competitive with most teams.

Anyone with info on North Oldham?

What games did you see? I agree if we play like we did against Waggner we can be competitive with most teams.

Anyone with info on North Oldham?

I saw the Scott County preseason game, which I don't put a lot of stock in, also the Madison Central and Waggener game.

I saw the Scott County preseason game, which I don't put a lot of stock in, also the Madison Central and Waggener game.
By seeing the Madison Central and Waggner game you can tell how much we have improved. At Madison Central the press really bothered us. Against Waggner, which was a more aggressive press,we did a great job against it and played with so much more intensity and confidence.

The one thing I noticed in the Waggner game was our heart and defense. We had our arms up on defense each position. I loved it. That is a team that really wants to win. We need to play like that the rest of the year. We also had all 5 starters in double figures. Hard to guard a team like that.

North Oldham is a work in progress....lots of seniors, but very little varsity experience prior to this year. Three players return who played a lot last year....Justin Rose, the lone returning full-time starter from 2016-17, is the real deal, and a threat to score 30 on any given night. He's aggressive, saavy, and a solid scorer. If he stays on the floor - not caught up in fouls - North is a completely different team.

Yates and Burton - two coaches' sons - are the other two starting guards; both were subs last year who saw a lot of action.

Beyond that, nobody has much varsity experience in a Mustang uniform.

North has bounced back from a poor start to win 4 of their last five and even their record. Rob Burton is a solid coach who has given North Oldham something they've never had - stability at the coaching spot. He led North to just their second ever 20 win season last year, and will bring long-term success to Goshen, I think. But I also think this team is a team that's probably going to take a few more lumps before it gets its "legs beneath it". This could be a very tough out come tournament time, but right now, GRC is probably well ahead of it. Regardless, this is a fantastic game for North - they need competition like this to measure their progress. A competitive showing bodes well for a North team whose best is yet to come.

CM

North Oldham is a work in progress....lots of seniors, but very little varsity experience prior to this year. Three players return who played a lot last year....Justin Rose, the lone returning full-time starter from 2016-17, is the real deal, and a threat to score 30 on any given night. He's aggressive, saavy, and a solid scorer. If he stays on the floor - not caught up in fouls - North is a completely different team.

Yates and Burton - two coaches' sons - are the other two starting guards; both were subs last year who saw a lot of action.

Beyond that, nobody has much varsity experience in a Mustang uniform.

North has bounced back from a poor start to win 4 of their last five and even their record. Rob Burton is a solid coach who has given North Oldham something they've never had - stability at the coaching spot. He led North to just their second ever 20 win season last year, and will bring long-term success to Goshen, I think. But I also think this team is a team that's probably going to take a few more lumps before it gets its "legs beneath it". This could be a very tough out come tournament time, but right now, GRC is probably well ahead of it. Regardless, this is a fantastic game for North - they need competition like this to measure their progress. A competitive showing bodes well for a North team whose best is yet to come.

CM

Thanks so much for the info. I will not be able to attend the game but will be listening on the radio.

Our last 2 games has been the best we have played all year. If we can just keep building on that we will be one of the teams to beat in the region.

What positions does Rose, Yates and Burton play? Is North very tall.? Do they rebound well? Are they a 3 point shooting team?

From your post I take it they are not very deep. We play at least 10 players each game. Several times we will have all 5 starters in double figures, which makes us a hard team to guard. We are very unselfish and will make the extra pass. We usually have lots of assists to.

Looking forward to this match up.

Question, if we win, then who will we play and what time. Thanks so much @ColoneMike.

Rose, Yates, and Burton are all guards. North runs a three-guard lineup.

Sorry I don't know much more. We cover six teams in Oldham County - North Oldham, South Oldham, and Oldham County's boys and girls teams. As luck would have it, I've only seen North's boys once so far this season, in a game against Frankfort early on.

They didn't go real deep early in the season, but I note that they played 10 in a two point loss to Bardstown, indicating they've been going deeper into the roster of late.

They're a reasonably good shooting team overall and at the line....pretty average beyond the arc, but they have several kids who can shoot the three. North has plenty of size, but the bigs have little previous varsity experience.

Perhaps North's strongest asset is their team chemistry. This is a very unselfish group with the "all for one and one for all" mentality. Like I said, it's hard to predict how the Mustangs' season will evolve, but they certainly have significant upside...