FCS Semifinals

DukeDog

And then there were four.

First up we have Sam Houston State making the trip to the FargoDome to take on powerhouse North Dakota State. This should be a fun matchup, as SHSU gets another chance to prove they can play with the big guys. The game is tomorrow at 8:00 P.M. EST on ESPN2.

The second game is between the defending national champions James Madison and South Dakota State. JMU will be the host as they look to carry the momentum gained in their dramatic win over Weber State last week. SDSU comes in with a lot of weapons and has the tools to upset the Dukes. This one is Saturday at 4:30 P.M. EST on ESPNU.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Alright...how difficult is it to get tickets for a James Madison game?

And where exactly is James Madison located?

Not difficult at all. It shouldn't sell out as a lot of students have either gone home or are heading home tomorrow. The university changed when the dorms will close (it's now some time Saturday, not sure on the time) so some students will stay, but again it shouldn't sell out.

Through JMU's sports website, you can get a reserved seat for $25 (before a small fee) or sit in general admission for $15. Parking is another story, but I'm also pretty sure you can park at the local Wal-Mart for free. It's just a decent walk from there to the stadium, not too bad though.

To answer your second question: JMU is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

And then there were four.

First up we have Sam Houston State making the trip to the FargoDome to take on powerhouse North Dakota State. This should be a fun matchup, as SHSU gets another chance to prove they can play with the big guys. The game is tomorrow at 8:00 P.M. EST on ESPN2.

The second game is between the defending national champions James Madison and South Dakota State. JMU will be the host as they look to carry the momentum gained in their dramatic win over Weber State last week. SDSU comes in with a lot of weapons and has the tools to upset the Dukes. This one is Saturday at 4:30 P.M. EST on ESPNU.

Thoughts? Predictions?

I didn't have any rooting interests until I read this thread.

I want a South Dakota State vs. North Dakota State National Championship Game!

Not difficult at all. It shouldn't sell out as a lot of students have either gone home or are heading home tomorrow. The university changed when the dorms will close (it's now some time Saturday, not sure on the time) so some students will stay, but again it shouldn't sell out.

Through JMU's sports website, you can get a reserved seat for $25 (before a small fee) or sit in general admission for $15. Parking is another story, but I'm also pretty sure you can park at the local Wal-Mart for free. It's just a decent walk from there to the stadium, not too bad though.

To answer your second question: JMU is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

What is weather like there this weekend? Not that I care, but my wife will want to know.

- Obviously I am rooting for NDSU tonight against Sam Houston State. In the Bison's run they have taken out Sam Houston State three times in the FCS playoffs. Twice in the finals and in 2014 in the semis (Friday night game). The Bearkats' head coach is known for having strong bravado and outspoken. I do get a bit worried coming off a game like NDSU had against Wofford... a team that likes to run the ball, triple option style, then go against a high scoring SHSU squad that likes to spread you out.

- South Dakota State handed NDSU their lone loss of the season about a month and a half ago. They started slow, but they ended up catching their stride mid-season and living up to their pre-season billing. JMU should have lost last week, but it is often tough to slay a dragon so they have that working for them. I would submit that SDSU is playing better than any team in FCS playoffs so JMU will have their hands full.

- As a Bison fan, I can't really say who I would rather play in Frisco. NDSU/SDSU is a HUGE rivalry in the MVC, so that would be cool. Something cool as well having two powers meet in the finals.... now we will probably get SDSU/SHSU. :D

Next year @Wireman you will have to make a trip to the Fargodome. There, tickets can be procured, but they are much more difficult to come by. They sell out every home game, but the atmosphere is about as good as it gets when it comes to college football. I liken it to going to a college basketball game. When you think about it, there are no good college football teams that play in-doors. Unique setup they have.

As for the weather in Fargo. It will be cold, in case your wife asks :D Kidding aside, they have a great tailgating setup... but yes, it can be cold the later you come in the year.