Spencer County 72 Taylor County 52

Spencer County was led by senior Jacob Coke with 17 and Freshman point guard Jake Whitlock with 18. Coach Burns put in the perfect game plan and the Bears executed perfectly holding Trevon Smith to 8 points. Defense was incredible. Big win for the Bears. Looks like Gallatin County and Spencer County might be coming in under the radar. Bears should get even better when Conley gets back in 10 days.

I don’t get down to that area of the state as much as I would like to watch games. Isn’t Taylor Co projected to win their region or is that something I heard/read wrong?

Taylor won't come close to winning the region. Again good win for Spencer but Taylor is a one man team as Spencer found out. Nothing more

Taylor won't come close to winning the region. Again good win for Spencer but Taylor is a one man team as Spencer found out. Nothing more

Dognation2--Trevon Smith's brother Kybrin Smith had 21 and 7 rebounds. Don't think they are a one man team. They got out coached considerably.

Taylor County is probably around 5 or so in the region with Irvin would be my guess. Without him they would probably drop around 10 imo. I was shocked they won region last year. Depending on how Irvin injury I could see Taylor County not even making the regional tournament.

Dognation2--Trevon Smith's brother Kybrin Smith had 21 and 7 rebounds. Don't think they are a one man team. They got out coached considerably.

He's a sophomore that played JV last year...good young talent but nobody in the region is game planning around Treys little brother...as Trey go, so does TC....They are 5th in the region at best....good early win from Spencer...good luck on the season

Would never say they got out coached , hell they won the region last year with people saying the same thing. ITs a long season lady and gents I believe Taylor will be fine when it comes tourney time. Pretty sure that John Hardin team was saying that last year when they went to John Hardin and beat them on their home floor. They have the toughest schedule in the 5th and started 1-4 last year , and a coach proven winning when it counts. I got my faith in the Cards to defend the crown.

Would never say they got out coached , hell they won the region last year with people saying the same thing. ITs a long season lady and gents I believe Taylor will be fine when it comes tourney time. Pretty sure that John Hardin team was saying that last year when they went to John Hardin and beat them on their home floor. They have the toughest schedule in the 5th and started 1-4 last year , and a coach proven winning when it counts. I got my faith in the Cards to defend the crown.

I have no doubt the Cards will be tourney ready. But there are some key pieces from that team that are missing. Mainly Oliver, probably the most underrated piece of the team from last season. My assertion that TC is 5th in the region is solely based on the improvements of Etown, John, Adair, and Larue. I just think those 4 teams are better than TC. But of course Maze will get his shot at showing everyone what his cards are about.

I don't use the word outcoached lightly, but that is exactly what happened. On the defensive end Coach Burns put in the game plan to shut down Trevon Smith and it worked. On the offensive end, In the first half point guard Whitlock was carving them up so at the half Stallworth decided to face guard Whitlock and have somebody stay in his grill every second. Burns put Whitlock in the corner and said that's fine. It became four on four and Burns let Senior Jacob Coke go to work on the mismatches. Stallworth looked confused the whole game and made no adjustments. Don't mean to be critical, but that's exactly what happened. I will agree losing Oliver from the team last year is a big deal for them. The Smith brothers for them are very good. Spencer County has alot of weapons. Hard to shut down one or two players. Conley will make things even harder for teams when he gets back. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.