Steelers 29 Bengals 14

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveon Bell is just a different animal. But the Bengals didn't even give themselves a chance. This is what happens when you don't make offensive line a priority.

The offensive line actually didn't do to bad until mid way through the third. It all went down hill to start the second half when Dalton came out and was off target on the very first throw to a wide open Core on a simple out pattern. Then also the two interceptions came before the line decided not to block anymore the rest of the game.

Just another example of how silly it is for people to act like the Bengals win that playoff game two years ago against the Steelers if Dalton plays. He has 3 wins against them in his career. He usually never scores more than 17 against them, and even in 2 of his 3 wins the Bengals scored 17 or less.

I know today is not all in Dalton because the line sucks. However even when the line was good, Dalton doesn't play well against them. He had a great first half but came out in the second half and was off target right away and then threw two horrible passes that ended up being picked. Then as I mentioned in the update thread. Dalton is not the type of qb who can turn things around once things start going downhill. Then to watch him just basically give up and throw the ball out of bounds on their last possession when they were only down 12 and game on the line is just maddening. He did that earlier this year too. At least throw it up or try to force a ball in at that point.

Once again I know the line sucks too, that's pretty obvious. I'm just tired of watching 7 years of the same stuff from Dalton.

Just another example of how silly it is for people to act like the Bengals win that playoff game two years ago against the Steelers if Dalton plays. He has 3 wins against them in his career. He usually never scores more than 17 against them, and even in 2 of his 3 wins the Bengals scored 17 or less.

I know today is not all in Dalton because the line sucks. However even when the line was good, Dalton doesn't play well against them. He had a great first half but came out in the second half and was off target right away and then threw two horrible passes that ended up being picked. Then as I mentioned in the update thread. Dalton is not the type of qb who can turn things around once things start going downhill. Then to watch him just basically give up and throw the ball out of bounds on their last possession when they were only down 12 and game on the line is just maddening. He did that earlier this year too. At least throw it up or try to force a ball in at that point.

Once again I know the line sucks too, that's pretty obvious. I'm just tired of watching 7 years of the same stuff from Dalton.

I'm starting to more and more agree with you. I'm not super sold on McCarron, but I'm not sure Dalton is the guy that can win this team big games.