Mason County 54 Harrison County 48 (2OT)

What happened here. I had Mason Co. in the staying alive contest and tore up my list of teams I've used so far. If my other teams win gotta rewrite 8 weeks of picks. Down 40-21 late in the 3rd--showed some grit tonight.

While the Royals needed to win a close one, after experiencing frustration so many times this season, this must be absolutely devastating for the Harrison County Thorobreds who have struggled mightily so far this year, falling to 0-8 with the near-miss 2OT loss.

The Breds have the bye next week, giving them two weeks to prepare for Bourbon County in Paris on the 20th, while the Royals improve to 4-3 with a winnable game vs Holmes on their dance card for next Friday night at Tom "Bulldog" Ellis Stadium in Covington.

Mason defense showed up in second half! Coach Thomas did some switching around on defense of some key injuries. Levi dunaway ( knee) and add his brother at safety and moved chambers (39) to defensive end . Chambers had a solid game at middle linebacker and Thomas wanted physical play at defensive end and chambers chandler dunaway came up big for us tonight. Great job to all of Mason county defense!!! They came up big on offense Malcolm Devine and freshman jones and Caleb boys and it nice to have jaylen lofton back. Tykies did on great job also. Our team is hurting with injuries but they fought to the end and stun Harrison county. Blanton is a beast!!!

This outcome surprises me. I thought Mason would win this one pretty easy, as the one time I saw HC, they looked really bad.

Doesn’t surprise me , Mason was overlooking Harrison because of their record . I guarantee Holmes and mason won’t be a close game next week