Do Shoe Companies Provide any of your players or Teams Gear, Trips, Etc for Free?

Just an overtime question, in wake of the college and shoe company outing.

Do you know of any players on your respective high school teams that get free trips to Events paid for by shoe companies, does anyone hear of teams with Star players getting their high schools hooked up? I have heard Nike and Adidas pump in Merch to High Schools that have Elite Level Talent. Just curious.

I know all schools will purchase Nike or Adidas , but are there any that get it for FREE?

Not sure about schools in Ky, but yes there are schools across the country that get ALL of their gear free from either Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour depending on who sponsors them. Most of the time it is schools who are nationally ranked or have high level players and it is also many times schools that have PLENTY of resources on their own and don't really need free gear.

Mason County is sponsored by Nike in basketball and most other sports, but the football team is UA. Not sure how that works but it's interesting.

And by sponsored I mean the school buys equipment from them, not that they give players free stuff.

That doesn't sound like a sponsorship but rather they signed an exclusive agreement in order to get discounted pricing.

That doesn't sound like a sponsorship but rather they signed an exclusive agreement in order to get discounted pricing.

Yes we have that at our school with Nike, but we are far from being sponsored like some colleagues of mine are at their school. Nike, Adidas & UA have this with certain high schools.