Candid Coaches: Will the NCAA take titles away from UNC or Louisville?

formerkywrestler

Interesting series that CBS did. Louisville and Pitino get blasted by fellow coaches.

Candid Coaches: Will the NCAA take titles away from UNC or Louisville? - CBSSports.com

"Trust me, we know everything that goes on our with our program. And so did Rick Pitino."

"No, they will not vacate Louisville's title, as they are scared of Pitino."

"...You mean to tell me like in Louisville's situation, and Pitino's a major micromanager, not one person, whether it's the recruit himself, one of his players, the kids' dad, whoever else was with him on the visit, doesn't the next day at breakfast say, 'Coach, we had the greatest time ever!' 'Oh really? What did you do?' Maybe not tell all, but he gives a hint. If it happened once or twice, OK, maybe coach does't know. If it happens that many times, somebody leaks something. Especially a guy who is a micromanager and seems to worry about image stuff a lot. You have to be turning a complete blind eye if you don't know."

"The UNC deal is in limbo, so I will reserve judgement. The Louisville saga, on the other hand, is a complete embarrassment to our profession. How does Rick Pitino still have a job? This is a complete joke and makes me ashamed to be a part of this profession. There are many other guys (in many other sports) that have been fired for far less than what went on in Rick Pitino's program. A few years back, the NCAA came out publicly and made it known that anything that went on inside a program was the responsibility of the head coach, no questions asked. So all of this happened, and Pitino gets a five-game suspension? Total joke -- sorry, but it is. And there's a lot of coaches out there who would completely agree with this."

"If you're going to do one, why are you not doing the other one? I mean come on. It's funny, when the thing happened with Louisville and one of the guys on our staff, support staff, said there's nothing going to happen to him [Pitino]. I'm like, 'What?' I just find it entertaining. We had a kid transfer from there, had him on a visit, and I remember this because it was quite a few years ago. Heard about how Pitino was micromanaging, busting in their rooms to check if their rooms are clean, what's in their fridge. I thought, If he's that micromanaging, how does he not know what's going on here?"

Of course he knew.

I also think that a lot of these coaches, if not all, are involved in illegalities too.

"and you may see me tonight with an illegal smile,it don't cost very much but it lasts a long while, won't you just tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was just tryin to have me some fun".