It's football time in the Bluegrass !!!!!

I am so happy this day has arrived. My dad always said there were 4 seasons to life.

Preseason

Regular Season

Post Season and

Off Season

At least we are now through the dark and dreaded Off Season again. Good luck to all brave enough to strap up and make sure you stay hydrated.

I love football as much as anyone but practice should not begin until August 1st and the season should start the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Season should be over by thanksgiving. Only 2 teams from each district should make the playoffs. Teams with Losing records don't belong in the playoffs. I know very few will agree with this but it's the way I feel about it.

I love football as much as anyone but practice should not begin until August 1st and the season should start the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Season should be over by thanksgiving. Only 2 teams from each district should make the playoffs. Teams with Losing records don't belong in the playoffs. I know very few will agree with this but it's the way I feel about it.

I don't consider it practice till the pads are popping so basically August 1st is the frist day lol.

Agreed, but to do it like college & NFL (and, they start the week after Labor Day)? C'mon...that makes too much sense (insert sarcasm. With that said; school starting at/around/even before August 1st has pushed the fall sports start date up...or had a lot to do with it).

The rest? Arguments for and against.....the most strongly I feel about is when the season ends; keep it the 1st week of December. That's not actually all new; it seems like the state finals have been played the week after Thanksgiving for around 30 years or so now.

You sound like an old man from the 60's or 70's.

How many Highschools have their entire team during offseason workouts like colleges?? Why not cut down the amount of time for basketball or baseball to give the kids "their summer"? Majority of the kids I know can't wait till July 10. Competition with someone other than themselves. Let the kids play the sport they love as much as they want to.

Edited by BigTiger55
Msp