Open Job: Muhlenberg County

With Coach Stovall going to Christian County, who takes over for the Mustangs. The Berg is easily a top 25 job in the state, i would put inside my top 10-12 personally.

Kyle Eades, former head coach at Christian County left the Colonels to come assist Stovall at Muhlenberg the last two seasons. The assumption is he will be next in line for the job. He is from Muhlenberg played for Steve Sparks at North, would give the Mustangs some serious stability over the next 10-20 years.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only asking because I don't know...what makes this a top 25 job in the state?

Not only that, but Cobra said his personal top 10-12. I don't see that at all and have to wonder upon what that belief is built upon.:idunno:

Guest fogdog.com

Internet rumors are posting that the position is already Eades. I do not think anyone can last 10-20 years at this job. Look at the history of the last few coaches and why they left. Warford, Hopper, Stovall? I do not see Eades in this class of coaches and if they could not cut it why would one think he will? He is a good young coach and I wish him well and hope he is given a chance to become a good coach.

With Coach Stovall going to Christian County, who takes over for the Mustangs. The Berg is easily a top 25 job in the state, i would put inside my top 10-12 personally.

Kyle Eades, former head coach at Christian County left the Colonels to come assist Stovall at Muhlenberg the last two seasons. The assumption is he will be next in line for the job. He is from Muhlenberg played for Steve Sparks at North, would give the Mustangs some serious stability over the next 10-20 years.

"The Berg" is not a top 25 job in the state. Coach Stovall left for a top 25 job at Christian County. If it were a top 25 job you would not have coaches leaving voluntarily for what they thought were better situations. Coach Stovall just left for a better job at Christian County. Before him Coach Hopper left for South Warren before coming back to your district rival Ohio County. That doesn't seem top 25 to me.

"The Berg" is not a top 25 job in the state. Coach Stovall left for a top 25 job at Christian County. If it were a top 25 job you would not have coaches leaving voluntarily for what they thought were better situations. Coach Stovall just left for a better job at Christian County. Before him Coach Hopper left for South Warren before coming back to your district rival Ohio County. That doesn't seem top 25 to me.

I'm still waiting to hear from Cobra his reasoning on what makes MC a top 10-12 job in the state.

By the way, agree completely with your reasoning/thoughts.

Muhlenberg County isn't a bad job. The district is annually winnable and the hardest district in the region typically eliminates two potential contenders in the district tournament. You don't have to be great to win the 3rd Region title, but as the consolidated version of Muhlenberg County has shown, it isn't a cakewalk either (having won only one regional title in their history).

Saying it is a top-25 job might be reasonable. Saying it is a top-12 job might be crazy.

Unless there's an unknown (and there might be), I can name 25 jobs off the top of my head that are better than Muhlenberg County. I'm interested to see if there's something about this job that I'm not aware of.

Unless there's an unknown (and there might be), I can name 25 jobs off the top of my head that are better than Muhlenberg County. I'm interested to see if there's something about this job that I'm not aware of.

Outside of the Muhlenberg County lines there is no one else that thinks this is a top 25 program. Consolidation did not change much for basketball other than the uniform color and number of teams in the county. Top 25 programs do not have head coaches leaving for places like South Warren or Ohio County.

Easy, there are two great jobs in the third region; The Berg and Grayson County then a bunch of average to above average like Owensboro, apollo etc.

1.) It is a 6a school in a three team district and one of the teams is McLean counry, so 14 of 15 years should be in regionals , half or more You going in as a champion.

2.) Basketball crazy place and first class facilities

3.) the reason Watford left he got ran out because people wanted Sparks and he didn't get it. Hopper left because of all the financial situation with teachers etc and he received a 100 day contract at south warren and was still able to have his retirement. This wasn't an option at The Berg at that time.

4.) Talent every year, they have a top 5 team in region every year then could go grab another top 5 team in region walking the halls.

To say that The Berg isn't a top 25 job is assanine and some saying it might not be top 50 is just flat out insane. Top 25 job easily and like I said it's a top 10-12 job in state IMO but I would put it probably top 5, just based on your criteria.

Madison central

Mason County

The Berg are three of the top, I would say Madison central is 1