High Schools Producing College Athletes

Wildcat18

High school coaches usually have a few personal ending goals for each class/team that comes through yearly. Winning games/championships, making players better men, etc. Where does the number of college athletic commitments come into play as far as importance? I thought it would be interesting to see which Kentucky high schools produced the most college commitments for this year's 2016 class at any level. (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, etc.) Maybe get some sort of ranking of numbers per class if we accumulate enough data. How many did your school have?

Pulaski County - 4. However, I expect(ed) more.

Edited by Wildcat18
Typo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think almost all coaches want to see their players go on to the next level. I have however saw a coach or 2 not want any players to go on, didn't want anyone to think he had talent. Made his coaching look that much better if nobody was going to college. Of course some schools produce a lot more just because of numbers. At Bell the average has been 2-3 every year. This year will be 2 I would imagine.

So the current list in this thread sits at...

Fleming County - 4

Highlands - 4

Pulaski County - 4

Owensboro Catholic - 3

Simon Kenton - 2

On a similar note, do most head coaches distribute player information to colleges themselves or do they designate an assistant to do this?

Trinity at 11 right now and should grow to 13-15. I know we have a few guys that are National Honor Society finalist - should have a big impact on final school selections. I do believe Ivy League opportunities are open for discussion in addition to Preferred Walk On spots at Vandy and other high academic schools. Hope to learn more soon.

So the current list in this thread sits at...

Fleming County - 4

Highlands - 4

Pulaski County - 4

Owensboro Catholic - 3

Simon Kenton - 2

On a similar note, do most head coaches distribute player information to colleges themselves or do they designate an assistant to do this?

Need to get Male on the top of this list with 11 right now and could grow to as many as 15-16. Amazing group for the Bulldogs!!