State Tournament Draw

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: FEBRUARY 4, 2016

The pairings for the 2016 St. Elizabeth Healthcare/KHSAA Girls’ and the 2016 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ Sweet Sixteen® were unveiled Thursday afternoon when the annual Draw Show was broadcast on The CW Lexington and KHSAA.tv. Hosted by Dave Baker and Gary Ball at the WKYT Studio, the Draw Show determined the matchups for the 99th boys’ Sweet 16® and the 55th girls’ Sweet 16®.

The 2016 St. Elizabeth Healthcare/KHSAA Girls’ Sweet 16® will be played in Northern Kentucky for the first time this season, with the tournament taking place March 9-13 at BB&T Arena in Highland Heights. The 2016 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ Sweet 16® will be played the following week, March 16-20 at Rupp Arena in Lexington. Full-session ticket packages for the Boys’ and Girls’ Sweet 16® are available for $80 for upper arena seats and $124 for side/lower arena seats, and can be purchased online at the following link: Tickets: Site Title

7 vs 9 should be a fairly good game

With no telling who's going to play in it. Seventh is as wide open and for the taking as it's been in years. I could easily see any one of about six teams rattling off the three victories it would take that week.

I have no clue who is going to win the 7th, I would have to assume, based solely off record, that it will be Male. The 9th is the exact same way. NewCath, CovCath, a healthy Holy Cross, Cooper, Holmes, Newport... Any of those 3 are capable of rattling off 3 straight as well.

Matchups and dates won't change. Times not set yet because Julian wants to make the driving time easier for schools that have to travel. Times will be up later today.

To my recollection, this is the first year they've ever modified boys state tournament game times. The bracket has always been locked in. They've have done this for baseball. I think it is a good idea.