Florida @ Kentucky,....thoughts, predctions

oldrambler

Who wins ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ?

U.K. is coming off a terrible loss to UT while Florida is imo having a better season than expected. These two meet in Rupp this Saturday.

I think that with the Cats returning to Rupp, where they are playing much better than on the road in the SEC, will get the much needed W but it won't be an easy one.

Who ya got ?

I'll say U.K. by 5.

How does Florida match up? This is one team I have not seen all year. I have no clue on their strength or weaknesses. With the game being at Rupp, it should favor a UK win but this squad is more unpredictable than Donald Trump speaking in a debate.

Outstanding defensive team. Rebound well considering they aren't all that big, in fact they spend a fair amount of time with three small (under 6'4") guys on the court at once. DFS is really good, and they have a true big who is okay, but for the most part, they play hard and fast. They play a lot of dudes, so UK's lack of quality depth could be a factor.

In short, I think Florida has been under-valued all year, and I think they'll definitely win the rematch in March in Gainesville, but I expect the bounce from the UT loss, combined with being at home, is enough to secure a narrow and hard fought win for UK.

If they lose the NIT talk becomes real.

Not really. I think people don't realize how much it truly takes to not be a NCAA tournament team. Uk even with a few bad losses on their resume, still also will have a better resume than a lot of other bubble teams. Shoot if UCLA made it last year, then UK will be fine unless they lose the the half of their remaining games.

Outstanding defensive team. Rebound well considering they aren't all that big, in fact they spend a fair amount of time with three small (under 6'4") guys on the court at once. DFS is really good, and they have a true big who is okay, but for the most part, they play hard and fast. They play a lot of dudes, so UK's lack of quality depth could be a factor.

In short, I think Florida has been under-valued all year, and I think they'll definitely win the rematch in March in Gainesville, but I expect the bounce from the UT loss, combined with being at home, is enough to secure a narrow and hard fought win for UK.

With that said, It sounds as if UF will give them fits but its at Rupp so UK gets the edge here.

Not really. I think people don't realize how much it truly takes to not be a NCAA tournament team. Uk even with a few bad losses on their resume' date=' still also will have a better resume than a lot of other bubble teams. Shoot if UCLA made it last year, then UK will be fine unless they lose the the half of their remaining games.[/quote']

Is Florida going to the tourney?

Not sure if you're being serious' date=' but yes, they'll be in the Tournament. Very likely will be seeded ahead of UK if everything holds serve as expected.[/quote']

What I meant was UK will have the same record as Florida if they lose this weekend. With the hardest part of the schedule coming up.

What I meant was UK will have the same record as Florida if they lose this weekend. With the hardest part of the schedule coming up.

I get what you are saying, but once again even if they lose the NIT talk does not become real at all yet. This team has sucked on the road, no arguing that. However this team has been very good at home. So you would assume they still will keep winning at home for the most part, and probably will find at least a way to win a couple of road games. This team while inconsistent is not as bad as people try to make them out to be. They can and have played with anyone in the country and can and have lost to anyone in the country on the road. This team is ten times further ahead than the actual NIT coach Cal had, and IMO still in front of the pace of the 2014 team that was an 8 seed.

The only way this team ends up in the NIT is if Ullis or Murray gets hurt for the year and the team loses 4 or 5 more games. Then it would be like the 2013 team and the committee would not look favorably of a UK team with bad losses and without one of its best players, just like team that lost Noel. So unless someone gets hurt, this team will be in.