Media Bias - Candidate's Age

When John McCain ran for office, I believe he was 71, and I remember hearing quite a bit from the media about their concern for his age:

Sanders is 74

Clinton is 68

Trump is 69

Also, seems like the media talks about Rubio being young at 44:

Cruz is 45

Obama was 47 when he first ran.

You don't hear anything about a candidates old age so far in this go around. Just something a co-worker shared that I thought was interesting.

My take is that the candidates haven't figured out yet which version benefits them the most. Is it better to have experience or to be a inexperienced in DC? Depends on what your drivers license says. I'd expect the Republicans to use age/insider against the Dems while the Dems will use young/inexperienced vs. Cruz/Rubio.

When John McCain ran for office, I believe he was 71, and I remember hearing quite a bit from the media about their concern for his age:

Sanders is 74

Clinton is 68

Trump is 69

Also, seems like the media talks about Rubio being young at 44:

Cruz is 45

Obama was 47 when he first ran.

You don't hear anything about a candidates old age so far in this go around. Just something a co-worker shared that I thought was interesting.

Considering we are so much more advanced at earlier ages I think 70ish is pretty old. Additionally, life expectancy makes it a gamble if any of those three bolded will even live another nine years.

Considering we are so much more advanced at earlier ages I think 70ish is pretty old. Additionally, life expectancy makes it a gamble if any of those three bolded will even live another nine years.

Definitely agree with you. That's why I find it surprising they harped on it so much for McCain but it doesn't seem like you hear much about it for the three bolded.

Definitely agree with you. That's why I find it surprising they harped on it so much for McCain but it doesn't seem like you hear much about it for the three bolded.

Age discrimination, political correctness, blah blah blah...

Age discrimination, political correctness, blah blah blah...

Yeah, guess the media didn't care about those things when McCain ran.

I think it's because of their liberal bias that you don't hear about it with Hillary and Sanders. Then Trump gives you enough material that you don't need to bash his age.

Yeah, guess the media didn't care about those things when McCain ran.

I think it's because of their liberal bias that you don't hear about it with Hillary and Sanders. Then Trump gives you enough material that you don't need to bash his age.

With really old frontrunners on both sides you can't bring age into the equation this time around.

The term remains four years for president. If the public is dissatisfied, someone new is voted in after four years (Bush 41, Carter), not eight years. The only time I really considered the age of a presidential candidate is when McCain gave us Palin as the leader of the free world should he die in office.