The Zika Virus

jericho

It's not only affecting pregnant women, but for most healthy adults, it only causes mild illness and isn't fatal. But it has been linked to microcephaly in the children of mothers carrying the virus during pregnancy.

It's going to take a similar mosquito-eradication effort to the one years ago to drive malaria out of the Americas.

Zika virus is spread to people through mosquito bites. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. So this affects everyone.....

however...

There are reports in Brazil of microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. However, additional studies are needed to further characterize this relationship. More studies are planned to learn more about the risks of Zika virus infection during pregnancy.

Something I read from someone who posted this. Pretty interesting.

I am now going to try and explain the steps I took to research this as well as the correlations that kept me moving.

First I googled it and found this sitehttp://www.collective-evolutio...

It explains that they have released these GM mosquitos in the Cayman Islands and Brazil and that they have been pushing to release them in Florida in order to stop a couple of diseases spread by mosquitos, chikungunya and dengue. “Chikungunya can lead to fever and joint pain which is sometimes severe, but rarely causes death.” “When it comes to the dengue virus, severe cases may progress into dengue hemorrhagic fever, complications from which may eventually result in death. Over 100 million cases of dengue occur every year, but according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is rare to find a case of it in the United States.” Why would they be pushing to release the GM mosquitos in Florida when there were only 11 cases of Chikungunya in the state in 2014 and it is rare to find a case of dengue in the United States?

So next I went to the CDC sitehttp://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birt...

On this site I noticed this “Researchers are also studying the possible link between Zika virus infection and microcephaly”, under causes and risk factors for microcephaly. This meant that I was right about my initial thought that they don’t know for sure yet if zika is even a cause. Again my BS meter went higher. Why is the news saying microcephaly is caused by this new mosquito virus called zika if the CDC doesn’t even know for sure?

Next I went to the company who developed this GM mosquito’s websitehttp://www.oxitec.com/oxitec-v... to try and figure out what they are doing and how they are doing it. They decided they needed the mosquitos to breed efficiently, lay eggs, and die before propagating again. They also explain that there have been other successful insect sterilization techniques in the U.S. that used radiation instead of genetic modification but somehow GM insects are better. My BS meter didn’t go up at this point but my curiosity did. Maybe my idea was plausible if they are injecting DNA or genes into mosquitos that cause a protein called tTA to run wild and stop or slow development which causes the mosquitos to die. So I wanted to find out where the genes they used to genetically modify these mosquitos came from.

Next I tried to find an answer to that question and hit this web sitehttp://www.genengnews.com/insi...

I found the name of the GM mosquitos OX513A and already new that they utilize a protein called tTA which they can inhibit with tetracycline (an antibiotic) so they can bread them. I also found this sitehttp://www.pitt.edu/~ksp34/eng... that had some more information but I was having problems finding what genes or DNA were used in the GM mosquitos to create the tTA that they can suppress with tetracycline. Then I found this sitehttp://www.genewatch.org/uploa...

Which lists all the genes or DNA used, what it was from, as well as its purpose. There were a couple things that jumped out at me on this list, Escherichia coli and Herpes simplex virus VP16. At this point my BS meter went off the charts. I now had a couple more questions. Why use any DNA or genes from a bacteria and why the hell use any from an already incurable virus? I also wondered if this Escherichia coli bacteria was bad for people then I looked it up herehttp://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-gu... and realized this is E. Coli like from restaurants (Chipotle) and fecal matter. Not to mention why release these things into the wild at all?

Next I thought I wonder if there is any correlation between Herpes simplex virus VP16 and microcephaly. I was curious because I knew that in some cases the Herpes virus can get into the brain and cause encephalitis. I then hit this Oxford Journals websitehttp://cid.oxfordjournals.org/... incidentally Oxitec is a British company started from Oxford. I found the following information at the above link.

“As many as 50% of surviving children have some degree of psycho-motor retardation, often in association with microcephaly, hydranencephaly, porencephalic cysts, spasticity, blindness, retinitis, or learning disabilities. Skin vesicles, the classic sign of disease, may not be present in £40% of neonates with disease localized to the CNS. Thus, for neonates with cells and protein in the CSF at 2–3 weeks of life, other diagnostic clues, such as skin vesicles, may not be present. For the neonate with CSF findings indicative of infection HSV must be considered along with bacterial pathogens (e.g., group B streptococcus and Escherichia coli).”

And this

“HSV infection in neonates is almost invariably symptomatic and frequently lethal. As stated above, neonates with congenital infection should be identified within 48 hours after birth. Such congenital disease is characterized by the triad of skin vesicles or scarring, eye disease, and microcephaly or hydranencephaly HSV infections in neonates who become infected during or afterbirth can be divided into the following three categories [24].”

My BS meter just turned into a holy crap meter. So coincidentally this company (Oxitec) created GM mosquitos and sent them out in the wild (Cayman Islands and Brazil) and continues to try to push them into new markets around the world and in the U.S. (Florida) in order to cure two diseases (chikungunya and dengue) that are rare in the U.S and used two known bad pathogens (E.Coli and Herpes) that have been known to cause microcephaly to create the GM mosquitos and the news is blaming the microcephaly on this new zika virus even though the CDC is not sure yet and are still investigating if zika causes microcephaly.

At this point I think I have a pretty good correlation with some documentation that should at least raise some concern. Is it possible that the E.coli and Herpes genes used are somehow being transferred to people? Could all of this be coincidence? Could all of this actually come together by accident? Was this planned from the start? Did Oxitec help in some way to develop the news story about zika and microcephaly to help their case in creating GM mosquitos for release into the wild? If this was by design what is the goal of creating more cases of microcephaly? Population control? Is it possible that the zika virus has integrated these genes into itself so that now as it infects it human host the genes are then passed to that host?

So as you can see I have a lot more questions and it will take a lot more research and the help of professionals to get to the bottom of it all but in my opinion this cannot be a coincidence and this epidemic of microcephaly in brazil and the cases in the U.S. being blamed on mosquitos transmitting zika could very well be and likely are caused by these GM mosquitos

- I just thought this was something very interesting to share.

Zika virus is spread to people through mosquito bites. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. So this affects everyone.....

however...

There are reports in Brazil of microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. However, additional studies are needed to further characterize this relationship. More studies are planned to learn more about the risks of Zika virus infection during pregnancy.

Heard on the news last night they now think it might also be spread thru intercourse.

• 5 months later...

Maybe that's what I have. Doc diagnosed me with a respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago. He put me on a Z Pack and steroids. That seemed to get rid of it, but I woke up Saturday with congestion, again, and my joints ache like crazy.

I wonder how much this is going to cost me? :(

Obama just raked Congress over the coals for not freeing up money for the Zika fight months ago. OUCH

It's broken folks.

Maybe we should get that 400 million back from Iran to actually use on our own country.

Obama just raked Congress over the coals for not freeing up money for the Zika fight months ago. OUCH

It's broken folks.

Will it be the federal government or for-profit pharmaceutical companies, or a combination of the two, which actually comes up with the vaccine?

Will it be the federal government or for-profit pharmaceutical companies, or a combination of the two, which actually comes up with the vaccine?

Thats a good question, listening to Obama, I'm betting on for profit business. He was extremely disappointed in Congress. Even thru in the , "their on vacation", not a good look for Congress.