Beechwood 43 Newport Central Catholic 21 (Frosh)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JV aren't bad but this class has a ton of work. Not saying someone doesn't put in the work and develop, just anot uncharacteristically subpar group.

They also could have someone transfer in before next season and dramatically help their cause.

With or without that someone, they have a lot of talent coming up next year.

Heard that transfer is staying put now. But they do have good class coming in.

Where is this good class coming from? The Catholic school leagues in campbell co aren't very good, and the Catholic school teams aren't beating the Boone or Kenton catholic school teams in tournaments. So, unless some Highlands kids are transferring, I don't see how this gets significantly better. Sure, the Kremer kid from St joes or st Marys (wherever he goes) might be coming, and he is good, but that is one kid.

Are there any FR or Soph playing up for NCC? Or, are all the FR playing on the FR team, and all the soph and Jrs playing JV?

Where is this good class coming from? The Catholic school leagues in campbell co aren't very good, and the Catholic school teams aren't beating the Boone or Kenton catholic school teams in tournaments. So, unless some Highlands kids are transferring, I don't see how this gets significantly better. Sure, the Kremer kid from St joes or st Marys (wherever he goes) might be coming, and he is good, but that is one kid.

Are there any FR or Soph playing up for NCC? Or, are all the FR playing on the FR team, and all the soph and Jrs playing JV?

I haven't seen one 7th or 8th grade game this year, but all it takes is one or two really good players from each team, and you got something. The Holy Trinity team of two years ago, that had a starting 5 of Pangallo, Hall, Iles, McDaniel, (NewCath) & Posey (Highlands) comes along once in a great while.

What about the Mulligan kid? I'm told he's pretty damn good.

Not one frosh is playing up, sophomores, Iles & McDaniel both play JV & Varsity, Hall and Pangallo strictly varsity.

I think you need more than a couple kids who can play. Better hope Kremer comes and recruits some buddies from other areas so that he nor them wind up at Brossart. Otherwise, the next few yrs could be different than the last few yrs. With really good Catholic middle school ball feeding CCH, the middle school success at Highlands, the recruiting machine of Ky Royals for HC, and the middle school success at Beechwood, the next few yrs will be tough.