Beechwood 43 Newport Central Catholic 21 (Frosh)

Whatever happened to the days when kids were in a school because that is the area they happened to live in most of their lives and it was just luck of the draw if that school's basketball team was great, good, decent or bad? We now have kids being shuttled all over the place so basketball dynasties can be built. What is wrong with society?

This same shuttling has gone on for decades. Parents look for coaching, and projected rosters to provide the best opportunities for their athletes. In addition the school environment plays a huge part in that equation.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This same shuttling has gone on for decades. Parents look for coaching, and projected rosters to provide the best opportunities for their athletes. In addition the school environment plays a huge part in that equation.

Do you think it was being done at this magnitude?

Is it just getting more attention now?

Love how you fit the school part in there.

I wouldn't worry too much about NCC. The athletes on the hill sometimes come in a little on the week side, but develop into contenders at the varsity level in almost every sport. That is their biggest recruiting tool for serious athletes.

The NCC incoming FR class is no where near the CCH incoming class in terms of basketball ability or talent. CCH will have Mayer, Green, Diskin, Jackson, Moser, and several others from Pius, StJoe,Agnes,BlessSac, plus whoever else they want.

Have you ever seen Millikan play against any of these kids I mentioned? The CCH kids I mentioned are high level players that play school ball and quality aau teams/competition.

And stop with the dream of getting Jefferson to NCC. What possible advantage does NCC have over Beechwood or CCH for that matter if he wanted Catholic school?

So you're Jefferson's father, right? How else would you know his intentions, right? Especially since he took the test at NCC and registered there for next year. Only you, as his direct parent, would know why those things happened with no intention to attend the school, right?

Silliness. Adults invest so much time and meaningless words on what these kids do and where they're going, etc... It just makes me sad.

Do you think it was being done at this magnitude?

Is it just getting more attention now?

Not sure to the magnitude it is done today. Gets more attention nowadays because of social media.

This scenario happened many years ago, but how do you think it would have been perceived nowadays. Back in the late 70's a young man named Dicky Beal was seen in Fort Thomas. There was "speculation" that he may be coming to Highlands to play for Ken Shields. How quick do you think this would have been out on social media in today's day and age?

Not sure to the magnitude it is done today. Gets more attention nowadays because of social media.

This scenario happened many years ago, but how do you think it would have been perceived nowadays. Back in the late 70's a young man named Dicky Beal was seen in Fort Thomas. There was "speculation" that he may be coming to Highlands to play for Ken Shields. How quick do you think this would have been out on social media in today's day and age?

What? Dicky is the next Highlands coach? You have got to be kidding! (Just wanted to prove your point and show you how it would have taken off like wildfire).

So you're Jefferson's father, right? How else would you know his intentions, right? Especially since he took the test at NCC and registered there for next year. Only you, as his direct parent, would know why those things happened with no intention to attend the school, right?

Silliness. Adults invest so much time and meaningless words on what these kids do and where they're going, etc... It just makes me sad.

Think what you want as of right now he is headed to NCC.

Yes, I have seen Mullikan vs. Blessed Sac, St. Agnes (Green), and several Cincinnati Schools. He is tough. He plays a lot of AAU. Kremer plays for NKY Elite.

Kremer plays for NKY Legends, along with his friends Jefferson/McGuire/Draud (Beechwood); Green (St Agnes), Salter/Huddleston (Highlands), Hrycak (Ockerman), McGuire (Newport), Hicks (Conner), Moser (St Joes) and Lane (Walnut Hills)

I suggest a moratorium on the Jefferson speculation - it isn't fair to him. Unless you talk to him or his family on a daily basis, you have no insight. And, saying "good game" to him after watching him play doesn't qualify as "talking" to him. Neither does, "Well, my son knows him, and he said he was going to NCC" Everyone 'knows' Caleb, so that doesn't count either.

I am sure that he & his family will make the best decision for him, taking all things into account: academics, ability to be prepared for college, basketball, football, friends, AAU teammates, tuition, schedule, coaches, development as a person, etc.

Edited by justwannacoach

Kremer plays for NKY Legends, along with his friends Jefferson/McGuire/Draud (Beechwood); Green (St Agnes), Salter/Huddleston (Highlands), Hrycak (Ockerman), McGuire (Newport), Hicks (Conner), Moser (St Joes) and Lane (Walnut Hills)

I suggest a moratorium on the Jefferson speculation - it isn't fair to him. Unless you talk to him or his family on a daily basis, you have no insight. And, saying "good game" to him after watching him play doesn't qualify as "talking" to him. Neither does, "Well, my son knows him, and he said he was going to NCC" Everyone 'knows' Caleb, so that doesn't count either.

I am sure that he & his family will make the best decision for him, taking all things into account: academics, ability to be prepared for college, basketball, football, friends, AAU teammates, tuition, schedule, coaches, development as a person, etc.

Agreed. I wouldn't read anything definitive into any action taken. Not an easy decision for the family or the kid.

Decision is made and you will know soon enough.