Beechwood 43 Newport Central Catholic 21 (Frosh)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need more than a couple kids who can play. Better hope Kremer comes and recruits some buddies from other areas so that he nor them wind up at Brossart. Otherwise, the next few yrs could be different than the last few yrs. With really good Catholic middle school ball feeding CCH, the middle school success at Highlands, the recruiting machine of Ky Royals for HC, and the middle school success at Beechwood, the next few yrs will be tough.

The current Frosh are experiencing a tough year, which will lead to the next few years being light by NCC Varsity standards. However, the incoming Freshman class will be on par or a close second only to CovCath. They have more than Kremer coming in. Mullikan, Jefferson (Yes) will both go straight to JV. St. Therese has two nice players as well as others from St. Joe Cold Spring. Zieglar is a great ball handler who can shoot. That Freshman team will be stacked.

I'll take this incoming class over Beechwood's, Highlands, or Holy Cross.

Also, St. Joe Cold Spring will also provide at least 3 to 4 starters for Brossart Frosh next year.

All this being said, I don't see NCC losing to Beechwood or Highlands any time soon on the Varsity level. They have enough to make up for a not so stellar class.

The NCC incoming FR class is no where near the CCH incoming class in terms of basketball ability or talent. CCH will have Mayer, Green, Diskin, Jackson, Moser, and several others from Pius, StJoe,Agnes,BlessSac, plus whoever else they want.

Have you ever seen Millikan play against any of these kids I mentioned? The CCH kids I mentioned are high level players that play school ball and quality aau teams/competition.

And stop with the dream of getting Jefferson to NCC. What possible advantage does NCC have over Beechwood or CCH for that matter if he wanted Catholic school?

The NCC incoming FR class is no where near the CCH incoming class in terms of basketball ability or talent. CCH will have Mayer, Green, Diskin, Jackson, Moser, and several others from Pius, StJoe,Agnes,BlessSac, plus whoever else they want.

Have you ever seen Millikan play against any of these kids I mentioned? The CCH kids I mentioned are high level players that play school ball and quality aau teams/competition.

And stop with the dream of getting Jefferson to NCC. What possible advantage does NCC have over Beechwood or CCH for that matter if he wanted Catholic school?

GIRLS

:lol:

It will be interesting for BW to see if either/both Jefferson and Draud stay. It would be really nice for them if they did. Two talented kids.

Whatever happened to the days when kids were in a school because that is the area they happened to live in most of their lives and it was just luck of the draw if that school's basketball team was great, good, decent or bad? We now have kids being shuttled all over the place so basketball dynasties can be built. What is wrong with society?

Whatever happened to the days when kids were in a school because that is the area they happened to live in most of their lives and it was just luck of the draw if that school's basketball team was great, good, decent or bad? We now have kids being shuttled all over the place so basketball dynasties can be built. What is wrong with society?

AAU team formations and parents with their priorities screwed up.

I feel like I am in a minority when it comes to sports.... only because my kids attend the school that is in our district.

As I mentioned they were would be second to CCH. Not ahead of them. I will stand by them being second.

However, I noticed you skimmed over your prior comments of Beechwood, HHS, and HC Incoming class vs. NewCath in your retort.

Now, those classes "no where near" NCC's class.

Everyone knows the CCH pipeline is loaded. You apparently think the Beechwood, HHS, and HC "Machine" will produce a better talent than NCC, I don't. (we've heard it year after year).

Yes, I have seen Mullikan vs. Blessed Sac, St. Agnes (Green), and several Cincinnati Schools. He is tough. He plays a lot of AAU. Kremer plays for NKY Elite.

I am not dreaming of Jefferson. He took his entrance exam at NCC. We'll just have to see on that one.