Bullitt East 85 Meade County 44

East was hitting all cylinders during this game. They're pressing and trapping defense was causing much havoc for Meade. Great bench play from the BE reserves tonight, they looked very sharp on offense, with their passing to get open looks...(Sharpe must have had around 10 assists) which is very good to see. Oh and East draining 15 three's did not hurt the cause either.

Boy, the 3rd region is really taking it on the chin this season. Meade has been the #1 team in the region from wire to wire this far. May be in for a change this week.

The 9th district is down because it lost 4 D1 players before the season started with Holman, Miller, Young and Wright all leaving.

The secret about the 3rd region is that outside of the 9th district, there isn't ever a ton of talent. They occasionally have a good Muhlenberg, Ohio County or Grayson County team but the overall talent level is way way down this season.

I agree that anytime you lose 4 D1 players from the strongest district in the region it will have some impact but Holman and Miller were lost to graduation, not transfer. Apollo was obviously hurt by losing 3 kids from their starting lineup that will probably sign to play D1 ball.

As for Meade, i also agree, no one else in the 3rd wins vs Bullitt. Ive had Meade as the clear cut #1 team in the region all season but i dont think the margin is as wide as i once did. I think Daviess could be the team to watch. Stewart Currie gives them a chance every time out. Its hard to move Meade down with their losses because every one of their losses have come against very good teams.

In fairness to Meade, they were definitely over matched but I'm not sure anyone would have beat East last night. Their reserves probably played more than the starters but also had intensity on defense & shot very well. 12 players scored and it was fun to watch.

The first 4 off the bench at Bullitt East would start at a lot of schools. Meade just ran into a buzz saw. They aren't a bad team.