"Angry Black Woman" Teacher Now Has Supporting Evidence of Racism

Clyde

As the BGPer who continues to say that race issues are STILL an issue despite "it's getting better" thinking even I can still be shocked at how open some people are.

Black teacher in Phoenix has sued her school over racial issues. She says she is being portrayed as "the angry black woman" by the community.

What shows up on SnapChat? Students at the school where she taught wearing shirts that spell out the N-word.

What?

Teacher dismissed as ?angry black woman? for racism complaints before school engulfed in N-word scandal

This comes on the heels of students at the Citadal "joking" by wearing KKK outfits.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point in the process of meticulously creating their shirts how did one of these girls not think "this is a bad idea"?

And then after creating the word with their shirts they posted it to social media for all to see.

Twitter said that one of them is dating a black dude.

I believe they were suspended for 5 days as a result. While some on Twitter are calling for expulsion the girls are also receiving a ton of support. It's an interesting dynamic and conversation.

Personally, I am fine with the 5 days of suspension. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. I'd have been okay with a 10 day suspension and expulsion wouldn't have bothered me but I am okay with 5 days suspension. It's a really difficult decision to make.

I believe they were suspended for 5 days as a result. While some on Twitter are calling for expulsion the girls are also receiving a ton of support. It's an interesting dynamic and conversation.

Personally, I am fine with the 5 days of suspension. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. I'd have been okay with a 10 day suspension and expulsion wouldn't have bothered me but I am okay with 5 days suspension. It's a really difficult decision to make.

I think you're being nice.

5 days doesn't seem like much.

Can schools require some kind of community service or something like that as punishment?

I'm also guessing that they feel he has helped breed a culture of racism at the school.

I get that it could be that people are unsatisfied with the way he handled the situation, but the "breeding a culture of racism" seems like a bit of a stretch imo.

To say nothing of the stupidity of the act itself, it amazes me that people still don't understand that there is no safety in anything published on social media. Things ALWAYS get out. If you're not fine with it being part of the public forever, then never post it.

I think a longer suspension was merited. I mean, they wore that to school?!? That's some pretty serious stuff.

I get that it could be that people are unsatisfied with the way he handled the situation, but the "breeding a culture of racism" seems like a bit of a stretch imo.

Maybe, maybe not but these girls have now validated a teacher's claim of rampant racism from 2014. I think it goes without saying that these girls were very comfortable posing in their shirts and making that word at school and then posting it on social media. That's a whole lot of comfort to use that word in that manner in such a public setting.

What was the purpose for the stars for the gs?

The seniors had picture day and they all had shirts with letters on them. When making the picture in between each word there was an asterisk. After the school senior picture was taken the girls decided to make their own senior picture.