"Angry Black Woman" Teacher Now Has Supporting Evidence of Racism

Clyde

My dad was a guidance counselor from the mid 60s to the early 80s. Implemented in-school extended hours punishments. His reasoning was the same as I'm reading here. "They want to be at home doing nothing. I think I'll make them stay here even longer."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're being nice.

5 days doesn't seem like much.

Can schools require some kind of community service or something like that as punishment?

And who gets to decide what words land your butt in community service? You seriously want to give someone community service over a word?

Obviously the girls were morons. They should be punished. I think expulsions would of been to much unless these girls have a long history of trouble. I'm pretty consistent on using these moments for kids as teaching moments, throwing them out of school doesn't help anything.

Obviously the girls were morons. They should be punished. I think expulsions would of been to much unless these girls have a long history of trouble. I'm pretty consistent on using these moments for kids as teaching moments, throwing them out of school doesn't help anything.

Agreed on all counts.

hell_freezes_over-565x400.jpg

Agree on all points.

Still can't really comprehend getting that worked up about a word they use so frequently about each other.

You can't pick and choose when it's offensive.

Let me state the obvious that in a perfect world the word is not used by one human being.

With that said the messenger ALWAYS matters. Richard Pryor could say the word over and over to black people but Michael Richards could not. That's life. I can say things to my wife that are received fine but the same thing said by someone else is not. I'm sure you can think of plenty of examples for yourself. Messenger matters.

Let me state the obvious that in a perfect world the word is not used by one human being.

With that said the messenger ALWAYS matters. Richard Pryor could say the word over and over to black people but Michael Richards could not. That's life. I can say things to my wife that are received fine but the same thing said by someone else is not. I'm sure you can think of plenty of examples for yourself. Messenger matters.

I agree. And The same as I wouldn't get too upset nor should anyone get in trouble for what you say to your wife.

Would I ever use it, no. Should anyone ever lose a job or the like over it, no as well.

I will reiterate I hate the picking and choosing of when you find something offensive.

I agree. And The same as I wouldn't get too upset nor should anyone get in trouble for what you say to your wife.

Would I ever use it, no. Should anyone ever lose a job or the like over it, no as well.

I will reiterate I hate the picking and choosing of when you find something offensive.

I don't see it as picking and choosing. Intent also matters. You can't ignore that.

When I was about 18 one of my sorta distant relatives used the N word in regular conversation at my grandmother's house.

I cocked my head kinda funny and he said 'What? Does that make me a racist?'

I asked him would he say that if a black person was standing here?

He said 'no, of course not.'

Well you shouldn't be using it at all then moron.