8th Region Rankings Week 2

1. Owen County- Not alot has changed, in fact, they may be better than some were thinking, out of region win against Henry Clay, Carson Williams being Carson, 33 points 13 rebounds.

2. Simon Kenton- Moving them up a spot, they get a quality win vs Walton in a big district seed game.

3. Oldham County- lost to Valley in the Ronald McDonald, Valley is alot better than people realize, got Bates back but still not 100%. Beat Trimble to go 1-0 in district and beat Anderson County as well.

4. South Oldham- impressive win against Cov. Holy Cross and CAL, the dragons are improving, both of those out of region teams had some big wins of their own this week

5. Shelby County- Got football boys back, still rusty, Lost to CAL, Beat Collins in a district seed game, only play once that counts toward seeding and this was it, beat Collegiate, improving and learning big for them these next couple weeks

6. MLC- lost to Shelby but it was very competitive, they left a ton of points out there, they did beat a scrappy Franklin County team. They are long and athletic, Coach Gaither has them better than expected already

7. Walton Verona- a team that I warned people about, beat a good Buckhorn team, played Simon Kenton well in a losing cause. Beat Gallatin which is somewhat of a rivalry

8. Grant County- Lost alot of players to graduation they are trying to find their identity, beat Williamstown in a district seed game, lost to Lafayette badly, and lost to South Oldham

9. Anderson County- lost to Oldham County, was a good game through 3 quarters, only game they played this week, that means Coach Drury has worked them hard this week in practice

10. North Oldham- has played a tough schedule, they beat a good West Jessamine team, lost to Bardstown in a close game, and lost to Male, this team could sneak up on my list

11. Spencer County-Beat Whitfield, lost to B. East and Danville in foul fest, football guys are finding their way

12. Henry County- Beat Eminence and Gallatin, both district seed games, got Jameson back from an injury, excited to see how they play Owen

13. Carroll County- Got beat down by Owen 40 plus, however I think they could sneak into the region, big week for them coming up,

14. Williamstown- Lost to Grant County, beat St. Patrick, they are improving

15. Eminence-Lost to Henry and Sayre, looking to rebound this week

16. Gallatin- got beat down by Walton, lost to Henry in a heart breaker, Jon's boys will improve,

17. Trimble- Lost to Oldham badly, and Owen, as they should they are re-building and will improve under Coach May

Games of the Week

Carroll Count @ Henry County (12-15)

Simon Kenton @ Conner (12-15)

BEST IN HOOPS start (12-17), great games in the Oldham Tourney

Henry @ Owen County (12-17)

Spencer @ South Oldham (12-17) Coach Burns was Coach Simpsons assistant

KOB Trinity vs Owen (12-18) go Rebels!!

Shelby @ Simon (12-18) battle of top 5 teams in my poll

Edited by 8th Region Warrior

Hi, all! Family issues (very sick relative) are keeping me from writing my usual recaps. Many thanks to Neerfan for picking up the slack!

Gotta agree with much of the above....three teams on my "watch" list:

Shelby County - how much better will the Rockets be once all those football players get in basketball shape?

Anderson County - were right with Oldham for three quarters before a fourth quarter collapse.

North Oldham - lots of new faces in new roles, but this team has some very interesting parts. Rob Burton in his second season could have a real dark horse.

Hi, all! Family issues (very sick relative) are keeping me from writing my usual recaps. Many thanks to Neerfan for picking up the slack!

Shelby County - how much better will the Rockets be once all those football players get in basketball shape?

Anderson County - were right with Oldham for three quarters before a fourth quarter collapse.

North Oldham - lots of new faces in new roles, but this team has some very interesting parts. Rob Burton in his second season could have a real dark horse.

I think you mean 8th region Warrior.

Killer name for the board.

I think if they can still have the aggressive football mentality (especially big guy Edwards and Athletic Manica) without getting into foul trouble, they could dominate their smaller/less athletic 30th District foes. If they can win against SK, I believe that would get everyone's attention. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I believe this is the year the Rockets finally emerge from Collins' shadow.

Edited by JacobCarey5530
Rule 13

1. Owen County- Not alot has changed, in fact, they may be better than some were thinking, out of region win against Henry Clay, Carson Williams being Carson, 33 points 13 rebounds.

2. Simon Kenton- Moving them up a spot, they get a quality win vs Walton in a big district seed game.

3. Oldham County- lost to Valley in the Ronald McDonald, Valley is alot better than people realize, got Bates back but still not 100%. Beat Trimble to go 1-0 in district and beat Anderson County as well.

4. South Oldham- impressive win against Cov. Holy Cross and CAL, the dragons are improving, both of those out of region teams had some big wins of their own this week

5. Shelby County- Got football boys back, still rusty, Lost to CAL, Beat Collins in a district seed game, only play once that counts toward seeding and this was it, beat Collegiate, improving and learning big for them these next couple weeks

6. MLC- lost to Shelby but it was very competitive, they left a ton of points out there, they did beat a scrappy Franklin County team. They are long and athletic, Coach Gaither has them better than expected already

7. Walton Verona- a team that I warned people about, beat a good Buckhorn team, played Simon Kenton well in a losing cause. Beat Gallatin which is somewhat of a rivalry

8. Grant County- Lost alot of players to graduation they are trying to find their identity, beat Williamstown in a district seed game, lost to Lafayette badly, and lost to South Oldham

9. Anderson County- lost to Oldham County, was a good game through 3 quarters, only game they played this week, that means Coach Drury has worked them hard this week in practice

10. North Oldham- has played a tough schedule, they beat a good West Jessamine team, lost to Bardstown in a close game, and lost to Male, this team could sneak up on my list

11. Spencer County-Beat Whitfield, lost to B. East and Danville in foul fest, football guys are finding their way

12. Henry County- Beat Eminence and Gallatin, both district seed games, got Jameson back from an injury, excited to see how they play Owen

13. Carroll County- Got beat down by Owen 40 plus, however I think they could sneak into the region, big week for them coming up,

14. Williamstown- Lost to Grant County, beat St. Patrick, they are improving

15. Eminence-Lost to Henry and Sayre, looking to rebound this week

16. Gallatin- got beat down by Walton, lost to Henry in a heart breaker, Jon's boys will improve,

17. Trimble- Lost to Oldham badly, and Owen, as they should they are re-building and will improve under Coach May

Games of the Week

Carroll Count @ Henry County (12-15)

Simon Kenton @ Conner (12-15)

BEST IN HOOPS start (12-17), great games in the Oldham Tourney

Henry @ Owen County (12-17)

Spencer @ South Oldham (12-17) Coach Burns was Coach Simpsons assistant

KOB Trinity vs Owen (12-18) go Rebels!!

Shelby @ Simon (12-18) battle of top 5 teams in my poll

Love the info you gave us at the end. Keep up the good work!!!!