4A #9 Scott at 2A Newport

DragonFire

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scott
    • Newport

It's been all about the defense for Scott so far, with that side of the ball holding opponents to just 7 points per game while also scoring three touchdowns of their own in the first two games. They've taken down highly ranked Newport Central Catholic and blew out larger Dixie Heights 36-7 last week. This week they'll travel to Newport, which has stumbled out of the gate with two massive losses to Ludlow and Reading (OH). Can Scott keep it rolling when the Eagles take on the Wildcats?

This will be a good week for the Eagles to work on somethings and also get some guys some rest probably after the 1st quarter . This is a key week to stay on course and keep the foot on the pedal , to prepare for bigger teams and districts. They have Conner next week .

Just saw Scott High School is now ranked #5 in Northern Kentucky and #2 1 in the overall State of Kentucky. They are ranked #2 in 4A. Just saw this on Max Preps.

GO EAGLES!!!

Maxpreps rarely ever knows what their talking about this early in the season, or at the end of the season for that matter.

It's been all about the defense for Scott so far, with that side of the ball holding opponents to just 7 points per game while also scoring three touchdowns of their own in the first two games. They've taken down highly ranked Newport Central Catholic and blew out larger Dixie Heights 36-7 last week. This week they'll travel to Newport, which has stumbled out of the gate with two massive losses to Ludlow and Reading (OH). Can Scott keep it rolling when the Eagles take on the Wildcats?

Actually Scotts defense has given up only 7 points in 2 games. Scotts defense is very good this year. I look for the offense to catch up and be really rocking by district play. I'm hearing that Newport is changing some things up offensively but I'm afraid its not going to make much of a difference. It doesn't look good for my alma mater, they'll have their hands full with the Eagles this week. Like many others, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

Actually Scotts defense has given up only 7 points in 2 games. Scotts defense is very good this year. I look for the offense to catch up and be really rocking by district play. I'm hearing that Newport is changing some things up offensively but I'm afraid its not going to make much of a difference. It doesn't look good for my alma mater, they'll have their hands full with the Eagles this week. Like many others, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

No, this game is all Scott. Should be a good opportunity to empty the bench at halftime.

Scott will pull the starters by the 2nd quarter. Newport had a perfect storm of a bad offseason. I wouldn't say Scott is #2 in 4a but they are definitely getting better!

Scott, to go anywhere beyond the 2nd round in the playoffs, has to use this game as a chance to improve their passing game. You can't line up in the flying V and use a bunch of ball fakes behind the line and expect to win later in the playoffs. If I were Scott, I don't care if I win by 1pt, as long as my passing game makes a couple of strides, that is a much more important win than what is on the scoreboard.