Justise Winslow shrunk

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25183315/five-things-to-know-about-the-nba-draft-combine-measurements

2. On the other hand, do not freak out about Justise Winslow

Winslow got some publicity for the wrong reasons on Friday, as he came in at 6-foot-4.5 tall without shoes on. However, I would preach caution on that for a couple of simple reasons. First, basketball is played in shoes. Second, all players are measured/listed in shoes on the NBA level, where at 6-6 with a 6-10.5 wingspan Winslow will be more than fine. His standing reach at 8-8.5 is bigger than Jimmy Butler, Harrison Barnes, Gordon Hayward and Khris Middleton's, and is right on par with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's according to DraftExpress.com's measurement database. This might limit his ability to play the small-ball 4 in the NBA, but then again Barnes does it just fine for Golden State. This shouldn't knock Winslow any higher or lower on an NBA team's draft board.

I think he will struggle in the league. Too small to be a 3 and doesn't have the ball skills to take guys at the 2. His game is slashing/cutting. Not sure he will have much success against bigger athletes that are as quick as he is.

I think he will struggle in the league. Too small to be a 3 and doesn't have the ball skills to take guys at the 2. His game is slashing/cutting. Not sure he will have much success against bigger athletes that are as quick as he is.

He's also a great on ball defender, has a good spot up game, shot at 40% from 3 land, has ability to create his own. I think he's going to be a fine player.