Dixie Heights vs SK from 1998-2014

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Simon Kenton was not a good football program before 2008. Start going back from there against anyone and they probably have a losing record. A .500 record was a big accomplishment for SK before 2008. If there is an SK history afficionado, I wonder how many seasons from say 1988-2008 they won more than 6 games.

You are very right. Dixie vs SK all time 34-13. 1966 to 2014.

Simon Kenton, under Coach Jenkins, played their first game in their school’s history on 9-2-66 against Campbell Co. and lost 19-12.

Dixie played Simon Kenton, their sister school, for the first time on 9-23-66. Dixie won 26-6.

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Simon Kenton was not a good football program before 2008. Start going back from there against anyone and they probably have a losing record. A .500 record was a big accomplishment for SK before 2008. If there is an SK history afficionado, I wonder how many seasons from say 1988-2008 they won more than 6 games.

1994 they won eight. 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007 all ended wit six wins. A few ultra rough patches during that span.

1994 they won eight. 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007 all ended wit six wins. A few ultra rough patches during that span.

I remembered there being a good season in there. Didn't SK also have a really good season in mid or early 80's? For some reason I am thinking they had a year in the 80's where they won 9 or 10 games.

They had I think one good season in 1993 when they made the playoffs for the very first time in school history. I know it took them something like 47 years to win their 2nd playoff game ever. 2008 was their only great year where they won their one and only regional

championship and made it to the finals. In over 50+ years of playing they have only won more than 2 games in the playoffs once.

Since Marksberry has taken over SK has more playoff wins then any NKY 6A team including Dixie who is now 5A.

As I said earlier. 6A in NKY has been a non factor and not relevant for a long long time. So having the most wins out of 6A NKY teams when they didn't win their 2nd playoff game in their history until 2008 shows how irrelevant NKY 6A has been.

Since Marksberry has taken over SK has more playoff wins then any NKY 6A team including Dixie who is now 5A.

Since Marksberry has taken over. SK has a 6 and 11 record vs Dixie.

In Marksberry's time at SK he is also sub .500 vs Boone. 7 and 8.

Edited by Mustang75

I remembered there being a good season in there. Didn't SK also have a really good season in mid or early 80's? For some reason I am thinking they had a year in the 80's where they won 9 or 10 games.

I believe they won seven game in either 79 or 80.

They had I think one good season in 1993 when they made the playoffs for the very first time in school history. I know it took them something like 47 years to win their 2nd playoff game ever. 2008 was their only great year where they won their one and only regional

championship and made it to the finals. In over 50+ years of playing they have only won more than 2 games in the playoffs once.

Let's remember , though, that until recent times only 1 team made the playoffs from a district so it's not a good way to measure. SK had a really nice team in 1980, for example, but didn't make the playoffs. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

We simply cannot use "made the playoffs" as a measure today because it's so hard NOT to make the playoffs.