Dixie Heights vs SK from 1998-2014

Let's remember , though, that until recent times only 1 team made the playoffs from a district so it's not a good way to measure. SK had a really nice team in 1980, for example, but didn't make the playoffs. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

We simply cannot use "made the playoffs" as a measure today because it's so hard NOT to make the playoffs.

That is why I wish they had 1 district for 6A in NKY now. It would mean making the playoffs actually meant something and made

regular season games meaningful.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Marksberry has taken over SK has more playoff wins then any NKY 6A team including Dixie who is now 5A.

That would surprise me. Marksberry has been there since 2000? I don't think they won a playoff game till 2008, right? Marksberry had some bad years early on. I think he had a zero win season, a one win season ... he was way under .500 at SK from 2000-2007. It is actually a bit of a miracle that he was able to stay head coach that long and make it to 2008.

That would surprise me. Marksberry has been there since 2000? I don't think they won a playoff game till 2008, right? Marksberry had some bad years early on. I think he had a zero win season, a one win season ... he was way under .500 at SK from 2000-2007. It is actually a bit of a miracle that he was able to stay head coach that long and make it to 2008.

Marksberry posted a 1-9 season in 2003. In two seasons 2003 and 2004 only 3 wins total. More recently posted a 2-9 season in 2011.

How many more than Dixie? How many years was Dixie 6a during that time?

Dixie started 6a in 2011. 5 play off wins and a finals. SK 6 play off wins 0 title games in that span. also in that time span Dixie has a 4 and 2 record against SK.