Could This Be Why The US Wants To Restore Diplomatic Relations With Cuba?

...and here I thought it was all about cigars and baseball :woot:

USA is about to get Cuba's lung cancer vaccine

Closer American ties with one of the world's major cigar exporters could actually be good news in the fight against lung cancer. Cuba has developed Cimavax, an effective lung cancer vaccine, and American researchers can now finally get their hands on it, reports
Wired
. After New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo visited Cuba for a trade mission last month, the Buffalo-based Roswell Park Cancer Institute struck a deal with Havana's Center of Molecular Immunology to develop a vaccine, allowing clinical trials involving Cimavax to begin in the US,
Bloomberg reports
. Cimavax, which stops tumors from growing, was 25 years in the making and has been available for free to Cuban patients since 2011, Wired reports.

How does Cuba develop a cancer vaccine before the United States?

Exactly... Yet we spend billions in medical research.

More money to be made in the US if we don't find a cure. I have zero facts behind it and don't read any conspiracy blogs, but this is one I unfortunately believe.

More money to be made in the US if we don't find a cure. I have zero facts behind it and don't read any conspiracy blogs, but this is one I unfortunately believe.

1000% in agreement.

There's very little doubt in my mind we have cures for cancer (or at least some forms) and probably even AIDS.

1000% in agreement.

There's very little doubt in my mind we have cures for cancer (or at least some forms) and probably even AIDS.

Same here.