Pre-season NKY Top teams

My predictions..

1. Notre Dame. Should win 9th going away and remain perfect against all NKY teams.

2. St. Henry. Lots of talent, lots of Seniors, and experienced coach. Should win All-A going away if they decide to play in it.

3. Ryle. Shelves not bare but lost some key talent. Another team with lots of Seniors.

4. Cooper. Didn't lose much, young team. If they can replace setter, then maybe pull some upsets....

5. Scott. Should win 10th going away, but 10th is no 9th.

6. NCC. There's talent there, and new coach will maximize it. Big hole to fill at middle.

7. Boone Co. This team pulled some surprising upsets last year and most everyone returns.

8. Highlands. Senior filled team, now or never time for Highlands. Team hasn't finished above .500 since 2010 when they were still in Region 10.

9. Dixie Heights. Lost a ton of Seniors, but still should make it out of District.

10. Beechwood. I think BW is really young and has potential but not much experience.

9th Region Final 8 - ND, Ryle, St.Henry, NCC, Highlands, Cooper, Beechwood, Dixie Heights. Same 8 teams as previous 2 seasons.

Atwood has resigned at SK. No announcement on who the replacement will be.

Great opportunity. UC Clermont is technically a JUCO right now, but you can attend for 4 years and get a degree while playing volleyball. They are petitioning to join NAIA soon.

Let's start with a line-up discussion.

What is the projected line-ups at the top schools? Who will be some impact players that were under the radar last year?

I don't know if there are any surprise players out there. With the club season flowing right into the High School season, everyone pretty much knows what to expect.

The headline in the Enquirer at the end of last year was "Bluebirds volleyball built to last" which is curious since they haven't had a winning season in 4 years, and haven't won their own District in 11 years. Someone obviously expects big things from Highlands this year, so I'd look there for an impact player that's under the radar. Where do the top Highlands players play their club ball?

I'm not sure I could put an order to it quite the same way dallaslaredo did, but I don't think there is any doubt that NDA should be #1 . After that I think there are three tiers of teams out of the ten that were mentioned, but who is in what tier remains to be seen. It's way too early to tell.

I don't know if there are any surprise players out there. With the club season flowing right into the High School season, everyone pretty much knows what to expect.

The headline in the Enquirer at the end of last year was "Bluebirds volleyball built to last" which is curious since they haven't had a winning season in 4 years, and haven't won their own District in 11 years. Someone obviously expects big things from Highlands this year, so I'd look there for an impact player that's under the radar. Where do the top Highlands players play their club ball?

The majority I believe played for various teams at NKJV, but a few played at Crush. I'm not sure how many were on 1's teams.

I agree, it was a strange article. I always attribute things like that to colorful journalism.

You may see a few freshmen starting varsity for SHDHS next year. Little Bessler and her cousin.

I don't know if they are varsity or not. But an interesting St Henry legacy nonetheless. Maria Tobergte and Bridgitte Bessler, daughters of St Henry twin sister volleyball stand-outs Wendy Tepe Tobergte and Kathy Tepe Bessler.

And Bridgitte Bessler is the little sister of Abby Bessler, who plays at Xavier.

St. Henry has eight returning players on varsity. Four seniors (Ashleigh Noble, Lehmkuhl, Krauss, and Gurren) left.

8 Paige Noble OH So.

7 Dani Noll OH/S Jr.

9 Madison Read DS So.

12 JoAnna Rebitski MH Jr.

2 Kayla Riegler MH Jr.

6 Kassidy Schreiber L Jr.

5 Brooke Shea OH Jr.

Savanna Stevie So.

3 Janelle Tobler MH/OH Jr.

I'm not sure how many JV/freshman kids from last season are in serious contention for a Varsity jersey this year but I would have to think that the well isn't completely dry. We will see in July I guess.

St. Henry has eight returning players on varsity.

8 Paige Noble OH So.

7 Dani Noll OH/S Jr.

9 Madison Read DS So.

12 JoAnna Rebitski MH Jr.

2 Kayla Riegler MH Jr.

6 Kassidy Schreiber L Jr.

5 Brooke Shea OH Jr.

Savanna Stevie So.

3 Janelle Tobler MH/OH Jr.

I count 9 players. How many of them actually started/played?

I count 9 players. How many of them actually started/played?

lol You're right, 9 returning players. I believe Noble, Noll, Schrieber and Tobler were all on the floor during the regional final. Not sure about the others.