Is This "The" Year for Ryle?

Ram

This is a total transformation of the old program. Warner gave his heart and soul to the program. Until his last few years there we we never a team you knew you were going to beat. Engler has brought new life, new style and the program is going back to the glory days. We had a spell of classes under achieving, excepting losing, but no more. Some of the best athletes, and ball players that Ryle has had are in the system now. The offense will be very diverse which will keep teams from keying on our old one dimension of ground and pound. The defense will have good size and speed. These kids have been working hard on the weights. Every year we started hoping this is the year we end the drought. It was only three year since our last winning season. We haven't built a tradition of losing yet. Just fell victim to the talent cycle. We are back to claim our place in NKY and hopefully make a run in state. A resounding YES this is our year.

What is the definition of "the year?"

I think they have a lot of components to be a bear to deal with. Ryle always has tough kids so I don't expect that to change.

They NOW have a LEGIT D1 QB with a coach who has a solid passing scheme. They have a stud running back. They have athletes.

If they can block and tackle then, yes, I think it can be "the" year if we mean a top team in NKY.

For as long as I can remember, "Next" season was going to be the "big" year for Ryle but something always seems to happen. Is 2015 "The" year?

I think it could be, this team reminds me of one close to my heart and that is the 2012 Cooper team. Both are very strong and experienced good players who are seniors and juniors this year. If not this year it may be awhile. This year I think is their best shot at doing some damage.

I think it could be, this team reminds me of one close to my heart and that is the 2012 Cooper team. Both are very strong and experienced good players who are seniors and juniors this year. If not this year it may be awhile. This year I think is their best shot at doing some damage.

I would mostly agree but also think that they have three very strong classes in a row and two more coming. The Frosh this year will have some very nice players and next years 8th grade class is extremely good. So, I do not think it is this year or bust. I think very much the opposite.

I would mostly agree but also think that they have three very strong classes in a row and two more coming. The Frosh this year will have some very nice players and next years 8th grade class is extremely good. So, I do not think it is this year or bust. I think very much the opposite.

True. I can't say enough about what the union raider program has done in preparing and team building these young men. Switching teams every two years was not cool. That's the one thing that always got me at BCPWFL. We are setting good foundations for our future.

Sounds like they will have strong skill players on offense but haven't heard much about the o-line or the defense. If those develop it very well could be the year they make a run come playoff time.

I agree. I want to hear about the trenches before I say it is the year. Regardless of how good your skill players are you have to have the bodies up front on both sides of the ball. Someone in the know let us know what Ryle has coming back on the line of scrimmage

I agree. I want to hear about the trenches before I say it is the year. Regardless of how good your skill players are you have to have the bodies up front on both sides of the ball. Someone in the know let us know what Ryle has coming back on the line of scrimmage

Looking at last years roster they have no Lex Sowards on it. The Young Ross boy is pretty good but other than that the rest of the line is question marks.

I think we have a great core of guys and some valuable depth just in our junior and senior class.

M Penick 6'2" 215 TE senior

J. LONG 6'1" 210 TE JUNIOR

J. HOWES 6'0" 200 OG SENIOR

J. HILES 5'11" 205 OG senior

B. MCALPIN 6'0" 240 OL JUNIOR

M. HUTSON 5'11" 215 OL JUNIOR

C. Ross 6'2" 285 OL JUNIOR

M WEBER 6'0" 240 OL SENIOR

O. BLAKE 6'1" 240 OL SENIOR

J. COLLETE 6'0" 216 OC senior

J. PRUITT 6'2" 245 OL SENIOR

I think we have a great core of guys and some valuable depth just in our junior and senior class.

M Penick 6'2" 215 TE senior

J. LONG 6'1" 210 TE JUNIOR

J. HOWES 6'0" 200 OG SENIOR

J. HILES 5'11" 205 OG senior

B. MCALPIN 6'0" 240 OL JUNIOR

M. HUTSON 5'11" 215 OL JUNIOR

C. Ross 6'2" 285 OL JUNIOR

M WEBER 6'0" 240 OL SENIOR

O. BLAKE 6'1" 240 OL SENIOR

J. COLLETE 6'0" 216 OC senior

J. PRUITT 6'2" 245 OL SENIOR

So 3 or 4 of them will play defense?

Son in law of my best friend is involved in coaching in Boone Co. At a party last night he said the feeling among their staff is that Ryle will be the best in NKY 6A this year given what they've seen SO FAR. He emphasized so far, not me.