Bengals First Round Draft Pick Predictions

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should go best player available, but lately I've become enamored with the thought of lining Dorial Green-Beckham up opposite AJ. :idunno:

That is assuming he's not lining up opposite Aaron Hernandez for the Mean Machine..

I think they should go best player available, but lately I've become enamored with the thought of lining Dorial Green-Beckham up opposite AJ. :idunno:

I'd rather have DeVante Parker if both were somehow still on the board(which is doubtful)

I think there's a good chance that one of the RB hungry teams behind the Bengals at 21 and Steelers at 22 could be on board with a trade up to that spot for additional picks if the draft fell right and one of the horses still available.

What did he do?

From Wikipedia..

Legal issues[edit]

Late on the night of October 3, 2012 Green-Beckham and two other freshman teammates, linebacker Torey Boozer and receiver Levi Copelin, were arrested on marijuana charges by the University of Missouri police department after the three were found in possession of 35 grams (1.2 oz) or less of marijuana.[24] Green-Beckham and the others were parked in a vehicle south of Memorial Stadium in Columbia at the time of their arrest. Two other unnamed individuals—also Mizzou players—were in the vehicle as well, but were released after police determined they were not involved in the drug possession.[24] After being processed at the campus police station Green-Beckham, Boozer, and Copelin were released on signature summons.[25] In response to the arrest a spokesperson for the MU athletic department said that all five players would be suspended from the next game, October 6 against Vanderbilt. Other disciplinary action may also be taken by the team[24] and handled internally with no additional public comment on the issue.[25] The case was resolved on October 16, 2012 when Green-Beckham entered a guilty plea to a reduced charge of trespassing in Columbia, Missouri Municipal Court. He was fined $200 plus court costs.[26]

On January 10, 2014, Green-Beckham was again arrested on a marijuana charge.[27] Officials with the Springfield, Missouri police department confirmed the Mizzou star was arrested on suspicion of drug activity and booked into the Greene County, Missouri jail in the early morning hours of January 11. Police found a pound of marijuana in the car he was riding in.[27] According to the Springfield News-Leader, Green-Beckham was originally arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute following a traffic stop but was later released without charges, pending further investigation.[28] Authorities, citing an ongoing investigation, declined to provide further information on the incident.

Dismissal[edit]

On Friday, April 11, 2014, Dorial Green-Beckham was dismissed from the University of Missouri football team. His dismissal followed his prior drug-related problems and an incident in which he allegedly forced open an apartment door and pushed an 18-year-old woman down several stairs. Green-Beckham was not charged in the incident, with police citing a lack of cooperation from the alleged victim. Head coach Gary Pinkel said in a prepared statement, "This decision was made with the best interests of all involved in mind. Dorial's priority going forward needs to be focusing on getting the help he needs. As we have all along, we will continue to do everything we can to assist Dorial and his family. We care deeply about Dorial and his well-being, but hopefully he can benefit from a fresh start."