Bengals First Round Draft Pick Predictions

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think they go OT or DT. Now if Bud Dupree falls down the draft, I think there is a chance they would take him. Then there is also a small chance they may go for the safety from Alabama depending on who all is gone by that time.

Yeah so basically I have no idea what they may do haha.

Randy Gregory if he somehow falls that far (don't think he will).

D.J. Humphries if he is here (50/50 to me that he is around).

Shane Ray if Duke Tobin gets his wish (and the other two are gone)....

....Devin Smith if he gets over-ruled.

Any of the 1st three would be good picks for them. Don't see Smith as a fit at all. May be able to get him with their 2nd round pick anyways.

Not with a QB that can't throw it downfield, no.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Smith. He's one of the 3 guys I really hope the Patriots grab at #32 .

If you're not even going to pretend to want to have the ability to stretch the field, combined with Hill / Bernard, you're going to have 11 dudes in the box every game.

If you're not even going to pretend to want to have the ability to stretch the field, combined with Hill / Bernard, you're going to have 11 dudes in the box every game.

Don't they already have a guy in Green that can do that? Plus, teams are going to stuff the box regardless because the QB can't make the throw.

Don't they already have a guy in Green that can do that? Plus, teams are going to stuff the box regardless because the QB can't make the throw.

I am of the belief that they badly need a quality WR opposite Green, and I believe they'd like to address it. Green is very good, to be sure, but he gets a lot of attention and Andy has too high a percentage of his throws in 18's direction.

Not the thread for another Dalton debate...but we don't agree completely.

Hopefully Gregory is there at 21 and this debate, for tonight anyway, is unnecessary.

I am of the belief that they badly need a quality WR opposite Green, and I believe they'd like to address it. Green is very good, to be sure, but he gets a lot of attention and Andy has too high a percentage of his throws in 18's direction.

Hopefully Gregory is there at 21 and this debate, for tonight anyway, is unnecessary.

Definitely agree they need a guy opposite AJ. Just don't think Smith is the right guy for it. Green-Beckham is the guy I'd go with if I'm taking a WR at #21 (assuming Cooper and Parker are long gone of course).

Here is the thing, the Bengals I don't believe think they need to find someone opposite of Green because they believe they have that in Marvin Jones. Which Marvin Jones gave them reason to believe that because when he was healthy he produced like a number 2 should and they were a top 10 passing offense.

With that said, they do need to add another speed receiver because the lost of Hawkins showed. However they could get that later in the draft and not waste that on a 1st round pick. Especially a 1st round pick who could easily be a bust like Smith since he basically only runs one right and needs to develop as a route runner.

Definitely agree they need a guy opposite AJ. Just don't think Smith is the right guy for it. Green-Beckham is the guy I'd go with if I'm taking a WR at #2 1 (assuming Cooper and Parker are long gone of course).

Unless one of the top guys falls to the Bengals, then you don't take WR in the first round IMO. To many people think it is a huge need, but seem to forget the reason why WR seemed like such a problem last year was because their #1 , #2 , and #4 receivers missed so many games. All of them are back this year and look healthy. Which when they were healthy they were a top 10 passing offense the year before. So adding another speed receiver is a need, but not a need you have to have right away unless someone falls and that is the best player available.

Here is the thing, the Bengals I don't believe think they need to find someone opposite of Green because they believe they have that in Marvin Jones. Which Marvin Jones gave them reason to believe that because when he was healthy he produced like a number 2 should and they were a top 10 passing offense.

With that said, they do need to add another speed receiver because the lost of Hawkins showed. However they could get that later in the draft and not waste that on a 1st round pick. Especially a 1st round pick who could easily be a bust like Smith since he basically only runs one right and needs to develop as a route runner.

I don't think anyone at the Bengals believes Marvin Jones is a bona fide #2 receiver consistently.

You clearly aren't high on Smith, which is fine, but someone is going to take him tonight in spite of only being able to run one route and his weakness as a route runner.