Apple Watch

kygirl

It seems Apple can make a pile of :poop: and it sales like hot cake. Fad or bust only time will tell. FYI-I preordered the Sport edition(a little birthday present for myself) :clap:.

Here's the relevant part of the research note from Kuo at KGI Securities, courtesy of MacRumors (emphasis ours):

We estimate production of Apple Watch around 2.3mn units in March-May. Mass production of Apple Watch began in March and will likely reach 2.3mn by end of May. Considering that most consumers who preordered will not get the device until June, we estimate global preorders of over 2.3mn units, with Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition representing a respective order allocation of 85%, 15% and less than 1%.

Read more: Apple preorders exceed 2.3 million in first week: KGI Securities - Business Insider

I just don't see the appeal with this other than being new and cool (To some) . It's does everything my phone does which I carry all the time. :idunno:

My parents bought me a fitbit surge for my birthday. The coolest thing about it is that it's synced to my iphone so everytime I get a text it vibrates and shows me the text. It also vibrates when I get a call. I leave my phone on silent alot and miss a lot of texts and calls because of it. I assume the apple watch does the same.

• 1 year later...
This thread is almost two (2) years old: any updates? Any other BGPer's with an Apple Watch? Reviews? I am intrigued...

The series 2 interests me as it is supposedly much better at being a fitness tracker as it has added waterproofing. The one big hangup though, is battery life. In a nutshell, it looks like it sucks. My current tracker (garmin vivofit hr) can go 4-5 days after a 2 hour charge.