Another baby killed by a Pit Bull

jericho

I am not a fan of pit bulls. I know there will be a lot of people on here that will defend them because not all pit bulls bite people or show aggression. Heck poodles are more likely to bite. The issue is the damage that is done. Pit bulls do not bite and let go and with their size and strength...whew!. They dont stop until they decide too. That separates them from most other breeds.

I've been around FAR more pit bull's that were non-aggressive than those that were aggressive. So I'll continue to defend the breed. I can't even recall the last time I came across an aggressive pit. It's all about the owner. I can teach/allow a German Shepherd or Doberman to be just as aggressive and deadly as any pit bull.

Pet ownership is like gun ownership-it comes with extraordinary responsibility on the part of the owner.

So no matter what it's not the dogs fault? No matter how nice the owner raised the dog and it still attacks.

You all can claim responsibility all day long but when it comes down to it the pit bull is a breed that is terrible and dangerous.

I won't leave my dog (a Maltipoo) alone with kids. Heck, even when I'm in the room with them I keep him on a leash so I can grab him if need be. I know he wouldn't ever intentionally harm them, but they don't know any better. If one of them grabs his tail or accidentally steps on him, he could react. Can never be too safe.

So no matter what it's not the dogs fault? No matter how nice the owner raised the dog and it still attacks.

You all can claim responsibility all day long but when it comes down to it the pit bull is a breed that is terrible and dangerous.

Anyone who leaves a dog alone with a young child is taking a major risk, regardless of the dogs nature or breed IMO.

I don't have an issue with pit bulls, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. I would NEVER consider having one if I had small children or knew I'd have him around young kids though.

Anyone who leaves a dog alone with a young child is taking a major risk, regardless of the dogs nature or breed IMO.

I don't have an issue with pit bulls, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. I would NEVER consider having one if I had small children or knew I'd have him around young kids though.

Agreed. I would never leave any breed alone with a small child. Not a chance. That is negligence on the part of the parent, IMO.

I'll never understand it. I don't understand pit owners or the desire to have a pit unless it's for one reason. I'm an unabashed dog lover, but that breed has one purpose. You can say they're loving, and gentle and all the rest. I've trained dogs since I was a boy. Anyone who says a dog won't bite is stupid. And I mean that wholeheartedly. STUPID. So, with that in mind, why have a pit unless you are intending that dog to do harm to another? Now this father has to deal with the loss of a child over the ownership of a dog bred for the very thing she had to endure.