Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another baby killed by a Pit Bull

Featured Replies

  • Author

Soory about the headline, I forgot to add

BY PIT BULL

I am not a fan of pit bulls. I know there will be a lot of people on here that will defend them because not all pit bulls bite people or show aggression. Heck poodles are more likely to bite. The issue is the damage that is done. Pit bulls do not bite and let go and with their size and strength...whew!. They dont stop until they decide too. That separates them from most other breeds.

Pet ownership is like gun ownership-it comes with extraordinary responsibility on the part of the owner.

I've been around FAR more pit bull's that were non-aggressive than those that were aggressive. So I'll continue to defend the breed. I can't even recall the last time I came across an aggressive pit. It's all about the owner. I can teach/allow a German Shepherd or Doberman to be just as aggressive and deadly as any pit bull.

A tragedy. Should the father face charges?

A tragedy. Should the father face charges?

 

Yes!

A tragedy. Should the father face charges?

 

In my opinion, yes. One should never leave a child unattended with any dog.

  • Author
In my opinion, yes. One should never leave a child unattended with any dog.

Especially a pit bull.

  • Author
Pet ownership is like gun ownership-it comes with extraordinary responsibility on the part of the owner.

 

So no matter what it's not the dogs fault? No matter how nice the owner raised the dog and it still attacks.

You all can claim responsibility all day long but when it comes down to it the pit bull is a breed that is terrible and dangerous.

I won't leave my dog (a Maltipoo) alone with kids. Heck, even when I'm in the room with them I keep him on a leash so I can grab him if need be. I know he wouldn't ever intentionally harm them, but they don't know any better. If one of them grabs his tail or accidentally steps on him, he could react. Can never be too safe.

So no matter what it's not the dogs fault? No matter how nice the owner raised the dog and it still attacks.

You all can claim responsibility all day long but when it comes down to it the pit bull is a breed that is terrible and dangerous.

 

Anyone who leaves a dog alone with a young child is taking a major risk, regardless of the dogs nature or breed IMO.

 

I don't have an issue with pit bulls, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. I would NEVER consider having one if I had small children or knew I'd have him around young kids though.

Anyone who leaves a dog alone with a young child is taking a major risk, regardless of the dogs nature or breed IMO.

 

I don't have an issue with pit bulls, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. I would NEVER consider having one if I had small children or knew I'd have him around young kids though.

 

Agreed. I would never leave any breed alone with a small child. Not a chance. That is negligence on the part of the parent, IMO.

I'll never understand it. I don't understand pit owners or the desire to have a pit unless it's for one reason. I'm an unabashed dog lover, but that breed has one purpose. You can say they're loving, and gentle and all the rest. I've trained dogs since I was a boy. Anyone who says a dog won't bite is stupid. And I mean that wholeheartedly. STUPID. So, with that in mind, why have a pit unless you are intending that dog to do harm to another? Now this father has to deal with the loss of a child over the ownership of a dog bred for the very thing she had to endure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.