Owensboro 74 Warren Central 70

Final from Owensboro.

Anyone have details? Seems like Warren Central is playing better after getting defeated soundly by Henderson County and Scott County. Even though they lost this is a very respectable loss for Warren Central.

What happened peoples?

According to a writter for the local paper on Twitter, unofficially Aric Holman had a triple double with 24 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 blocks. Owensboro's other big man Justin Miller had 26.

Warren Central did a great job pressuring OHS' guards into turnovers. The Dragons are very athletic and they really shot the ball well from 3 in the second half. OHS has a massive size advantage but the scrappiness of Warren Central made up for that. WC looked like the more hungry team to me. They were diving for lose balls, pushing the pace, and cutting hard on offense.

Coach drake for OHS is going to have to figure out a way to better handle teams that press OHS. It seemed like OHS went into a mini panick mode and that allowed a 12 point lead to turn into a tie game. Holman and miller were great. I also feel like jacoby Harris may be the missing piece for OHS to make a run. He is a true point guard that can handle pressure and facilitate.

All in all it's a good win for OHS. From a fans prespective, I wanted OHS to win by 20 cause Scott County beat WC by 20. However you take a win against a good team like WC anytime you can get it. OHS has another big 9th district game on Friday against OCath.

You can view a replay of the game at The Homers and Displaced Diehards on 102.7 The Game | Based in Owensboro, Ky

Looks like a good account of the game to me. Holman and Miller really devastated Central on the inside on both sides of the floor. But I was impressed with Central's shooting in this game versus the first game that I saw when they played Henderson County. This was more like the team I expected.

Owensboro really missed Phillips at PG in this one. Harris was the only true PG on the floor for the Devils and his youth showed at times. Coach Rod Drake finally moved Holman into the middle on the press break and it helped. Hats off to the Dragons thgh. They really came to play from start to finish. #2 for Warren Central needs to be talked about more statewide. He's the real deal.

Owensboro really missed Phillips at PG in this one. Harris was the only true PG on the floor for the Devils and his youth showed at times. Coach Rod Drake finally moved Holman into the middle on the press break and it helped. Hats off to the Dragons thgh. They really came to play from start to finish. #2 for Warren Central needs to be talked about more statewide. He's the real deal.

Tracy Hampton is his name I believe. I think he moved to BG from Louisiana which is why he isn't known that well.

OHS is the real deal. I felt like the game shouldnt have been that close at the end, but credit Warren Central for battling and making a nice run to open the 4th. The Devils really struggled vs the press but made a key adjustment bringing Holman to the middle and basically just throwing it up to him and letting him get the ball up court. I cant stress how impressed i am with Holman. This kid does it all for OHS. He is one of the better defenders i have seen at this level. Just watching the game you can see he is much more of a vocal leader this season. He is a coach on the floor. Even though i am an Apollo fan all the way, i cant wait to watch this kid develop more over the course of the season.