So it BEGINS!!!!!

wisbey

Here are my thoughts for the upcoming season for NKY Region 6. Top ranked kids for Preseason state rankings

Rank of teams

1. Campbell County

They are regional champs with many returning starters. Here are the preseason top kids for CC.

Tanner Yenter #15 106

Brady Wells #2 113

Brad Krebs #16 126

Bryan Holden #8 132

Bryan Spahr #6 138

Jared Stadtmiller #17 152

Trey Dowton #20 160

Eli Matthews #2 182

Brett Graziani #5 195

Austin Myers #1 220

2. Ryle

Should be #2 right behind Campbell County. The only thing keeping them for winning the region is the other holes in their line up.

Clint Chaffee #24 120

Logan Erdman #1 126

Jake Erdman #1 138

Jack Dorne #3 145

Jon Belk #4 160

John Meiman #2 170

Will Allen #13 182

Ryan Wolf #17 195

3. Simon Kenton

Should finish 3rd. All 3 of these top schools have many top kids in the state

Elijah Owens #2 132

Elijah Jackson #19 145

Casey Cornett #1 160

Elijah Miller #1 195

Tucker Mueller #5 220

4. Walton Verona

It will be close with Cooper/Scott. They are young so it should depend on how the Freshman class does.

Blake Roth #16 106

Ryan Moore #5 113

Sloan McMillian #20 120

Jake Peace #10 126

Mason Smith #6 132

Ryan Woodward #19 138

Hunter Ruber #15 220

5. Cooper and Scott are to close to call. I would have to give the slight edge to Cooper. It will be a race for 4th,5th,6th between these two and Walton.

Probably a good idea for him. He might have won a state title by now had he not been in Austin Meyers weight class.

Tucker did great in the big Cincy tournaments last year, but as mentioned, finishing runner up to Meyers. The only road block to Heavyweight is a surprisingly agile Brandon Johnson of Dixie and Landon Young of Lafayette. Tucker is talented, best of luck to him this year.

Tucker did great in the big Cincy tournaments last year, but as mentioned, finishing runner up to Meyers. The only road block to Heavyweight is a surprisingly agile Brandon Johnson of Dixie and Landon Young of Lafayette. Tucker is talented, best of luck to him this year.

I've heard Johnson isn't wrestling this year.

I believe that Johnson (Dixie) is finished wrestling.

There are a few weight change rumors that have been going around.

Elijah Owens (Simon Kenton) could go 132 maybe 138

Tucker Mueller (Simon Kenton) finally going heavyweight. With a best like Myers (Campbell) at 220 it makes sense

Casey Cornett (Simon Kenton) moving up to 170.

Miller (Simon Kenton) transferred from Scott. Immediate impact for Simon Kenton

Logan Erdman (Ryle) could move up to 132. He will win regions at either weight in my opinion.

Jake Erdman (Ryle) might be hanging up his wrestling shoes. I would be shocked if he did.

Ashford (Scott) his weight finally caught up to his muscles. Hear he is jumping to 145 if not 152. Very strong kid.

Tyler Holub (Scott) heard rumors he transferred to Cooper. Never know. Lots of new places for the holub kids.

Noah Hammond (Walton Verona) Is most likely finished wrestling.

Ryan Moore (Walton Verona) transferred from Campbell county. Will have immediate impact for Walton.

Mason Smith (Walton Verona) Big growth spurt. Wrestled 113 and could wrestle 138 this year. 4 weight class jump.

I'm sure we have more changes coming. These are just a few that I know about.

I believe that Johnson (Dixie) is finished wrestling.

There are a few weight change rumors that have been going around.

Elijah Owens (Simon Kenton) could go 132 maybe 138

Tucker Mueller (Simon Kenton) finally going heavyweight. With a best like Myers (Campbell) at 220 it makes sense

Casey Cornett (Simon Kenton) moving up to 170.

Miller (Simon Kenton) transferred from Scott. Immediate impact for Simon Kenton

Logan Erdman (Ryle) could move up to 132. He will win regions at either weight in my opinion.

Jake Erdman (Ryle) might be hanging up his wrestling shoes. I would be shocked if he did.

Ashford (Scott) his weight finally caught up to his muscles. Hear he is jumping to 145 if not 152. Very strong kid.

Tyler Holub (Scott) heard rumors he transferred to Cooper. Never know. Lots of new places for the holub kids.

Noah Hammond (Walton Verona) Is most likely finished wrestling.

Ryan Moore (Walton Verona) transferred from Campbell county. Will have immediate impact for Walton.

Mason Smith (Walton Verona) Big growth spurt. Wrestled 113 and could wrestle 138 this year. 4 weight class jump.

I'm sure we have more changes coming. These are just a few that I know about.

Most returning Scott kids will be moving up 1 or two weight classes. Seniors Ethan Frank, Eli Sowder, Dale Hensley, and Ashford are all potential State placers and moving up 1-2 weight classes. Freshman Gerald Seeney who posted a winning record as an 8th grader at 113 was looking to go at 126, but has grown and may end up as high as 132 or 138. Tyler Holub has transfered. Scott losing Miller really hurts, but should still be solid from 120lb up to about 170lbs.

I agree losing Miller was tough. All the kids you listed are solid kids and could place for sure. I also agree that Seeney is a good young talent. I would have to say he is top Freshman on that team and should have no problem making the line up. 132 and 138 are tough in this region. Scott is on the rise for sure.

I agree losing Miller was tough. All the kids you listed are solid kids and could place for sure. I also agree that Seeney is a good young talent. I would have to say he is top Freshman on that team and should have no problem making the line up. 132 and 138 are tough in this region. Scott is on the rise for sure.

Depending on how weights shake out, 132 is probably one of the toughest in the state.

Watch out for Cooper this year. They will be very, very good, this year. Scott and Walton will be good too, but probably have too many holes/inexperienced wrestlers to compete for the regional title. This region will once again be a meat grinder.

Cooper has 4 kids that could place at state in my opinion.

Cody Huston at 120. He has spent all summer at Mirons in Columbus. If he can stay at 120 I see him placing at state

Jordan Monroe at 126. He should be improved from last year

Kyle Steiner at 138 should be top 4 at Regions.

Andrew Bailey at 145 should be region champ. Bailey is the top kid on Coopers team. His main competition is Jack Dorne from Ryle.

After those 4 the team is very thin. Don't think they have enough depth to get into the top 4 at Regions. We will see.