Question for St. X fans

theguru

Anyone can answer but I am especially interested in the X perspective.

How does this years Simon Kenton team compare to teams from the recent past?

Eerily similar... To past three teams we have seen. Remember, only in scrimmage format. QB is better this year

I think they are much improved over last year. The quarterback can avoid the blitz and has a very strong arm and nice touch. The defense had 2 nice pics. I thought the O line struggled against the deep d line of stx but the qb avoided the tackler. The wr need to block better and they will break the quick pass outside for more yards. Look it was 14-7 & SK had the ball at midfield and they got sacked twice and stx took over and broke off the long run to make it 21 to 7.

I don't know how good they are. I know they didn't score on X's first team D. Besides the first interception X pretty much moved the ball at will. Their qb is good they and knows how to extend plays.

St. X did a great job of pressuring the QB from all angles. Even their second team did a great job against what should be a strength (OLine) of SK's. I have a feeling St. X's second team would be one of the best defensive teams in the state.

I think they are much improved over last year. The quarterback can avoid the blitz and has a very strong arm and nice touch. The defense had 2 nice pics. I thought the O line struggled against the deep d line of stx but the qb avoided the tackler. The wr need to block better and they will break the quick pass outside for more yards. Look it was 14-7 & SK had the ball at midfield and they got sacked twice and stx took over and broke off the long run to make it 21 to 7.

Personal opinion, but I think in high school ball, a receiver corps with good blocking ability is one of the major differences in a good offense and a great offense.

And X didn't prepare for SK, they're getting ready for Ballard.

SK lost Bowling and Swanson but the the returning starters are bigger and stronger and faster their defense is going to be very good. I think this years defense looks better than last year.

I did not see the scrimmage but by all accounts it sounds as if the SK team has improved.... Or it could be that the passing game of X has a lot of work to do.... Turnovers can neutralize a team, get you beat and lose a game for you very easily. I would say the SK team is better than years past. X had better keep the ground game on tap as it will end up being the bread and butter of this team with the special players it has this year.....

I did not see the scrimmage but by all accounts it sounds as if the SK team has improved.... Or it could be that the passing game of X has a lot of work to do.... Turnovers can neutralize a team, get you beat and lose a game for you very easily. I would say the SK team is better than years past. X had better keep the ground game on tap as it will end up being the bread and butter of this team with the special players it has this year.....

I think they are better than years past, but like I said they didn't score on the 1st team d so I wouldn't applaud too much.