Coal Grove (OH) 20 Greenup County 7

PureFan

After Coal Grove ran the ball down our throats in their first possession of the game (6 plays, 61 yards to the endzone) I really thought this game was going to be like a runaway freight train. Greenup answered back on the next possession with a Corey Lyle TD. Coal Grove came back and scored again but failed on the 2pt conversion. The score was 13-7. AND then it stayed that way until there was less than 3 minutes left in the game.

Greenup Defense you really stepped up tonight and made some awesome stops inside the redzone in 3rd down situations. We also made to many mistakes. And in this type of game the team with fewer mistakes are going to get the win. An interception inside the redzone with under 4 minutes set up the next Coal Grove possession and the TD that sealed our fate. This was a tough loss, there were several missed opportunities, and you will only get better from this one. Keep your heads up, learn from this one and get ready for District play next week. That is when the real test will begin!

How does Coal Grove stack up against, say, Ironton?

Not well!! I was at Stampers barber in Ironton friday getting a haircut and catching up on all the news!!!:lol::D:thumb: All the fans/coaches say Ironton has a running back that is a sure div. 1A back. The best they have seen come out of the area in years. And the defense is awesome! Best team Ironton has had in a few years. I bet Ashland agrees!!! I wouldn't doubt if Ironton plays Coal Grove it will look like the Ironton vs Ashland game. Hey, the info we get from our barbers is better info we get from the KY AP sports writers!!!:ylsuper::lol:

After Coal Grove ran the ball down our throats in their first possession of the game (6 plays, 61 yards to the endzone) I really thought this game was going to be like a runaway freight train. Greenup answered back on the next possession with a Corey Lyle TD. Coal Grove came back and scored again but failed on the 2pt conversion. The score was 13-7. AND then it stayed that way until there was less than 3 minutes left in the game.

Greenup Defense you really stepped up tonight and made some awesome stops inside the redzone in 3rd down situations. We also made to many mistakes. And in this type of game the team with fewer mistakes are going to get the win. An interception inside the redzone with under 4 minutes set up the next Coal Grove possession and the TD that sealed our fate. This was a tough loss, there were several missed opportunities, and you will only get better from this one. Keep your heads up, learn from this one and get ready for District play next week. That is when the real test will begin!

Very tough loss, Coal Grove has some good backs and they are a good team, we made some mistakes from the coaches on down to the blocking assignments (both backs and O-line), defense stepped it up in the 2nd half, played very well, we need to learn from this one, put it behind us and use it as a positive, keep your heads up and get ready for Rowan County because they will be ready for us, I can guarantee that... Learn from it and move on GCHS...