Harlan County/Lee, VA predictions

Uncle Rico

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I went into last weeks game not knowing what to expect, this week I still feel the same way. I just can't get a read on the Black Bears. Defense tightened up and played well in the 2nd half hopefully we can build on that. I wonder if TJ will be at QB?

Lee Va lost to Powell Valley 41-7 last week.

I say Coach Larkey rights the ship!

Black Bears 21-7

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears lost so much speed and explosiveness, experience and overal talent from the 14-16 seniors they had last season. They are stronger this year, but the speed isn't really there, the two juniors who were really good are now sidelined potentially for good due to injuries. The Bears will find their rythm and correct any mistakes. Losing to Southwestern isn't a knock at all, especially considering your defense only gace up 2 scores.

That running back is Tyler Graham. I think he is #5, and I believe he had over 100 yards rushing against Powell Valley last week. He never really got out in the open field in last year's game. Unless he got stronger, he wasn't very strong, just fast. If our boys can get hold of him they should be able to tackle him; but they did have some problems with that against SW. From what I read on the internet about the Lee/PV game, he may be all they have; but I'm not for sure.

Does anyone know anything about Powell Valley? They seemed to handle Lee pretty well.

Edited by Birdsfan
RUle 13

The Bears lost so much speed and explosiveness, experience and overal talent from the 14-16 seniors they had last season. They are stronger this year, but the speed isn't really there, the two juniors who were really good are now sidelined potentially for good due to injuries. The Bears will find their rythm and correct any mistakes. Losing to Southwestern isn't a knock at all, especially considering your defense only gace up 2 scores.

Which two juniors, Smith and ?

Will we be able to put any points on the board this year? I'm just not ready to hit the panic button yet. We do have experienced players out there. I think they'll find a way to score. The Bears will rebound this week and get their feet back under them.

Will we be able to put any points on the board this year? I'm just not ready to hit the panic button yet. We do have experienced players out there. I think they'll find a way to score. The Bears will rebound this week and get their feet back under them.

He is a senior and was expected to play this season but missed out after last years awful injury, Jameel. I forgot he would be a senior.

Experienced players are: OL-Austin Short, George Shoemaker, Alex Haywood ( Alex started 3 games after Geoge was injured in week 9) Jamie Ball will be back after an injury. That will help.

Receivers, none. RB 1, QB none, That makes 4 total. Biggest problem is speed on the OL. RB don't have a lot of speed either. Maybe 4 kids on the team run under a 5.0 in the 40.

Experienced players are: OL-Austin Short, George Shoemaker, Alex Haywood ( Alex started 3 games after Geoge was injured in week 9) Jamie Ball will be back after an injury. That will help.

Receivers, none. RB 1, QB none, That makes 4 total. Biggest problem is speed on the OL. RB don't have a lot of speed either. Maybe 4 kids on the team run under a 5.0 in the 40.

Well........ now what? Grin and BEAR it?!

Speed isn't everything! SW was fast, but we hit them at the line a lot and tried to tackle them up high. All they had to do was turn their shoulder and run. If you make the tackle before they get going, they never get a chance to turn that speed on.

Does anyone know anything else about Lee, other than the Graham kid is fast?

I think we just need to get a little creative on offense. I would like to see some play-action screen passes--especially to get it to Clarke and make it a little easier on TJ. Something needs to be done to keep the Defense from crowding the line and I'm sure Larkey and staff will have it all under control.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13