Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southern Gentleman

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Southern Gentleman

  1. Guess with all the injuries etc the the West team has had they are not giving up and could still make alot of noise in the 12th. Big win for the Colts. Just goes to show you that the 12th is very compitive and anyone can win on a given night.
  2. Even Coach Reitz cant keep this one too close - I will go Mason 88 Breds 67
  3. What is wrong with Ashland these days- on comment was with this situation? Is Ashland missing players, some hurt- or just not having a good year?
  4. Looks like some good matchups still to be played - thanks for the research. I would say there will be some upsets in that couple of weeks but I still say we see these teams at regional tourney with a chance!
  5. Good Point on West - Cant see thier coach letting a team not be ready or prepared though? we will see how things work out- I think all the top teams play each other in the final weeks- should give us an indication what is to come in districts and if there will be any upsets? Somerset, McCreary, Wayne, West, Lincoln and Pulaski Co all involved in games with each other the last 2 weeks- great way for coaches to get thier teams ready for the post season! Good luck to all of them.
  6. From information from West Jessamine the game against East meant nothing as far as standings- 1 West 2- Mercer 3-East and 4-Burgin were already a done deal before the East - West game. I do not know the records I justed asked someone from there and they said this was a done deal.
  7. Dont think West is falling apart- Florence thier 2 guard broke his arm in a game recently- seems the team has been doing a great job at keeping things going. Dont know many teams that would recover from losing such a statistical leader- none of your top 4 I think could handle losing thier best player?? Secondly West losing to East is nothing to be ashamed of- if you have ever been to one of those games you would understand! Throw the records out. I think West having won 15-16 games this year already and district 1 seed they have over achieved after losing a player of the year and other starters. As far as the #5 team?? West is ranked 5 in the polls but I think the 12th have some teams playing well right now and some not playing well....Region is wide open. Lincoln -1 McCreary-2 ( just think if Wayne beats them- what a 1st round region matchup) Wayne-3 Somerset-4 West-5 Pulaski-6 Mercer-7( addition of Taylor makes them a legit regional contender) Boyle-8 Tradition may or may not get them past Garrard Upset minded teams; Casey Co, Rockcastle and East ( East-Mercer first round game might be the best in the region 1st ronders!)
  8. Margin of Victory could be correct but too high of scoring to be in the 70s. I will take Somerset in a tight one- 63-61 at Wayne County.
  9. I would have to agree- I will take Lincoln by 12 this time around- I would also say I think Wayne Co is playing better and better and by Districts - Region they could very well put together a string of victories- hard to go against Coach Woods
  10. Tourney time is for upsets to happen always do- but yes Lincoln will be favorite going into it after that you have more than likely 6 teams with legit chances to cut down the nets Lincoln - favorite McCreary Central- Close behind Then you have some other contenders that on any given night can beat Lincoln - and alot always depends on the draw also lets face it. Wayne County, West Jessamine, Boyle County and Somerset. These 6 teams are legit threats to win it. Each have different qualities- some size, some speed, some experience some coaching- but all in all any of these 6 can get it done in the regional tourney.
  11. Coach Biggs will have the Tomcats ready I am sure- many kids this time of year think about quitting for several reasons- no one knows for sure but the team must go on and work hard to get in the mix at region again. Good luck to both Matt and the Tomcats
  12. Quality win for the Jumpers for certain. West not playing thier best basketball as of late but are still a threat in the region. I look for both teams to be playing in the regional and both should be considered contenders. Nice job by the players and coaches in this one. I think alot of people forget hard to come by wins in mid January- when Feb rolls around we will see who is playing better basketball and gets on that roll everyone tries to peak going into Districts. Good luck to both these teams - I think the 12th would be represented well if either were fortunate enough to win the region, along with a few others.
  13. I dont think anyone wants West Jessamine and they are not even nearly close to being a top level talent team. Tough and play hard on both ends. And yes a few other teams can beat lincoln also....McCreary and Wayne, Boyle, Somerset, and maybe Mercer
  14. Dark horses 9th - Boone 10th- Clark and Campbell Co 11th - Madison Central 12th - West Jessamine and Somerset 13th-Jackson Co 14th-Hazard 15th-Besides top 2? no one 16th- Elliott is more a lock than Mason in the 10th
  15. I would think this would have been a great game if harrison was at full tilt but they have been playing with out best player in Franklin so I doubt that Harrison will be able to take them. I will say Camels by only 5- Reitz is pretty good at the Fieldhouse!
  16. Maybe West is not as bad as everyone thinks> ? They do seem to get going after Christmas much like last year- pretty sure they are inexperienced as well. I would have to put them in the mix when it is all said and done. tough region to say the least- better come to play everynight or you will lose. I would say up to 7-8 teams have a legit shot at going to Rupp.
  17. Probably one of the best all around sports guys in the business. Very knowledgeable and very much a great person. Never says an unkind work to anyone and always has great things to say about teams and players. He will def be missed. Hope he does well in his next endeavors! What a class act- feel sorry for the guy who has to follow him!
  18. Still Dunbar didnt have to make it that bad no matter what. Play some zone or something- no reason to embarrass the kids and the school like that. I do not like making excuses for anyone that beats a team like that. What comes around goes around!
  19. With out best player and Frrankfort does it again this year. I truely think Coahc Foley deserves alot of credit for the program at Frankfort- he of course has some talent but he has kept it together , won in play offs, has a Mr Football contender( prob would have won it if not hurt) - IMO I think Coach Foley deserves some talk of Coach of the Year in KY. Great win for the panthers and I agree could be going all the way- if I am correct if Mayfield were to beat Fulton Co then Panthers would have home field through out the playoffs, with possible meetings with Mayfield and Beechwood before State finals, looks as if that side of 1A is loaded. Congrats Panthers for a great W
  20. Agree but sounds like the guy didnt talk to anyone. I think a case can be made for about 6 teams to win it all. Wayne, Lincoln, Somerset, McCreary, Boyle Co and more than likely West Jessamine. I think outside chances after that are Mercer. Just like last year, some teams were ranked correctly and some were way over looked, same will happen this year with the Cats pause, good luck to all teams and cant wait til let the players and coaches settle it on the court.
  21. 12th region challenge at West Jessamine Danville vs Deming Monticello vs St Pat Casey Co vs Pendleton Co SW Pulaski vs Madison Southern East Jessamine vs Fort Knox Mercer Co vs Dunbar West Jessamine vs Middlesboro Date is Nov 10th- First game starts at 9 am and last game starts I think at 6 or 7 pm. More details should come out later on. Looks like a good one though.
  22. 12th region preseason is a joke. Upside down in many ways. Probably only one right is Wayne is probably at the top but the rest are wrong. Too bad this guy didnt talk to coaches or do his homework, makes the region and him look bad!
  23. 1. Brackens upset of Brossart 3. PC beating Brossart 4. Some of the Fleming Co and Mason Co district games were dandies. 2. 3 overtime thriller of Mason Co to beat Maysville and ended up going to state, could have stopped there- on second thought that might be one or two!! Sorry for numbers out of place. 5. Bourbon Co and paris have had some dandies also, esp when Robinson played for Bo and Paris had Chez, Dumphords, Sims etc! Those were great games.
  24. 1. Wayne County- basically because Woods is the dean of coaching in region 2. Somerset- Return too much not to be in the mix 2a. Lincoln- lost athletes, but return experience and good guard play! Rest of the field- Boyle- Williams is a dandy and Bottoms has been there, could be a threat to anyone on any night McCreary Central- they have coach of the year and Watts, Watts can take over a game and put them on his shoulders for a game or two but it takes 3 or 4 to get to the show! West Jessamine- Cinderella season last year that ended with a thriller with champ Lincoln. Seems thier players have bought into the coach and seem to bring a level of play others cant every single night- to be determined if enough talent to win it all this year. Mercer County- talent is there but can they mesh. After the Top 6 Rockcastle, Garrard, Pulaski Co and East will have some talented player and could give anyone problems any night. Rest of the field with SW who has some talented JV players, Casey with a new coach, as does Danville. Should be a balanced region and I would look to about 4 to come to the top around Feb but until then great region again. Good luck to all the teams and coaches I look forward to another great year in KY basketball

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.