Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th region

Featured Replies

Who to look out for this year in the 12th region ? What players should we look out for to have a break out season?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the top 5 teamsto begin the season next year(in my opinion) would be: Wayne County, Somerset, McCreary Central, Lincoln County, and Boyle.. dont really know much about anyone else..

Danville will be pretty good. Watch for them with the big center Macon back this year.

I have no idea how Southwestern will do this year. I don't know if the fastest game in town is the best game in town.

Since the Laurel Co schools were realigned into the 13th its hard to get very excited about the 12th.

Danville will be pretty good. Watch for them with the big center Macon back this year.

 

Agreed! Look for Danville to surprise some people this year. Run, run, run, and more run.

I look for Rockcastle to turn it around and make some noise in the 12th region this year. They have super young talent that should see some action.

 

Senior Devon Hasty is going to have a break out year.

Since the Laurel Co schools were realigned into the 13th its hard to get very excited about the 12th.

 

Unless you live in the 12th Region and support a 12th region team. Then its pretty exciting.

From my understanding, Southwestern loses their top six or so players. I've talked to several contacts from the Southwestern program and things don't look bright for this upcoming season. Many people expect them to lose a lot... and lose bad. Shultz has a tough task this season, but he is a coach that can do it.

Since the Laurel Co schools were realigned into the 13th its hard to get very excited about the 12th.
:cry:

 

Southwestern lost a lot to graduation. The Warroiors will play a lot of inexperienced juniors this year. They will beat the weaker teams and get beat by the better teams. However, there will not be any team that will play harder and with more effort than SW. And as always, by tournament time the Warriors will be a tough draw for someone.

 

I think Somerset will be the favorite to win the region this year. They have senior leadership, and the Bourne kid in the middle could possibly be the best player in the region. Wayne , Mercer, should be returning alot of talent and will vie for the region.

I think Rojas is right. The 12th isn't nearly as strong without the Laurels. I don't know if Somerset would be in the top five in the 13th after seeing them in Lexington last summer.

I think Rojas is right. The 12th isn't nearly as strong without the Laurels. I don't know if Somerset would be in the top five in the 13th after seeing them in Lexington last summer.

 

yes, somerset didnt play very well up in lexington, they went winless in the tourny.. but in there defense, the majority of the team plays baseball and that was the first time they had touched a basketball for a while, an were missing 2 starters.. Price an Bourne have both gotten a lot better over the summer and both gotten stronger and in my opinion will lead the jumpers to a impressive season and hopefully a region title..

I think Rojas is right. The 12th isn't nearly as strong without the Laurels. I don't know if Somerset would be in the top five in the 13th after seeing them in Lexington last summer.

 

 

Rojas said the 12th isn't as exciting since the Laurel Co.'s left.I disagree. I think the 12th has been more exciting since their departure.

 

South Laurel leaving may have hurt the 12ths strength the past two seasons, but the Jessamine Counties were both better than North.

Its hard for me to get excited about the 12th because there are no state powers. When Wayne Co had great teams, when South Laurel was in the 12th, when North Laurel had the "foreign invasion", when South had the "Miami connection", at least there was a little excitement, even if you didn't agree with what was going on.

 

From a fan who does not live in the 12th, its hard to get excited about Lincoln County and the Jessimine County schools. I'm sure if I was a fan of one of the schools I would see it differently. I feel the same about a couple of the other regions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.