Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th region

Featured Replies

Its hard for me to get excited about the 12th because there are no state powers. When Wayne Co had great teams, when South Laurel was in the 12th, when North Laurel had the "foreign invasion", when South had the "Miami connection", at least there was a little excitement, even if you didn't agree with what was going on.

 

From a fan who does not live in the 12th, its hard to get excited about Lincoln County and the Jessimine County schools. I'm sure if I was a fan of one of the schools I would see it differently. I feel the same about a couple of the other regions.

 

I see your point, and I respect your position. But I live in the 12th Region and follow it pretty close. If South was in the 12th region last year they would have been the favorites hands down to win it. Without them there were 7 teams last year in the region that had a legit chance at winning the region. That is why I think its more exciting.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 12th is wide open this year, just as it will be every year.

You can never throw out Boyle...watch out for them to make some more noise in the 12th region.

"Its hard for me to get excited about the 12th because there are no state powers. When Wayne Co had great teams, when South Laurel was in the 12th, when North Laurel had the "foreign invasion", when South had the "Miami connection", at least there was a little excitement, even if you didn't agree with what was going on. "

 

Those were the days.

Since the Laurel Co schools were realigned into the 13th its hard to get very excited about the 12th.

 

Rojas, South Laurel has come back to the pack a little this year, I would think they would be considered in the top 5 or 6 in the 12th but definitely not the favorite. I know South has been consistently competitive the past 10-15 years in the 12th, but South people act like they have had a 20 year run of Proffits and Hammonds.

 

"Its hard for me to get excited about the 12th because there are no state powers. When Wayne Co had great teams, when South Laurel was in the 12th, when North Laurel had the "foreign invasion", when South had the "Miami connection", at least there was a little excitement, even if you didn't agree with what was going on. "

 

Those were the days.

 

Those days were not exciting for everyone else who was trying to win with homegrown kids.

We had homegrown kids at Wayne County. :thumb:

"Its hard for me to get excited about the 12th because there are no state powers. When Wayne Co had great teams, when South Laurel was in the 12th, when North Laurel had the "foreign invasion", when South had the "Miami connection", at least there was a little excitement, even if you didn't agree with what was going on. "

 

Those were the days.

 

 

If memory serves the "Miami connection" cost Wayne a trip to the sweet 16. If you remove Rivera from SL then Wayne would have won that game by 25+

Probably so, but there are alot of what if's in life. If you look at the regional chamionship game the year after I think it was, Wayne returned the favor by beating South Laurel on their home floor very badly in the finals of the region. One thing about it, we played with their "Miami Connections" and Norths " Aussies" with homegrown kids, and they were all wars. I agree take away the above, the games would have been lopsided, but who wants to play a game like that?:D

Probably so, but there are alot of what if's in life. If you look at the regional chamionship game the year after I think it was, Wayne returned the favor by beating South Laurel on their home floor very badly in the finals of the region. One thing about it, we played with their "Miami Connections" and Norths " Aussies" with homegrown kids, and they were all wars. I agree take away the above, the games would have been lopsided, but who wants to play a game like that?:D

 

 

Me. I would have rather beat South Laurel by 25 points in the regional tournament than to lose to them in a war. Especially when it cost you a trip to Rupp.

 

I loved very second of the rematch the next year when you all spanked the cards. The only thing that would have made it better was if they put Todd McFarland in the game.;)

It would be fun to see a 12th region/ 13th region challenge like the ACC and Big Ten do at the college level. The 13th region has probably been the better region the past few years, but the future is looking pretty strong for the 12th.

Me. I would have rather beat South Laurel by 25 points in the regional tournament than to lose to them in a war. Especially when it cost you a trip to Rupp.

 

I loved very second of the rematch the next year when you all spanked the cards. The only thing that would have made it better was if they put Todd McFarland in the game.;)

 

LOL, that was a great game. Wayne wrote on the backboards with shoe polish when they cut the nets down and Superfan was up on ladder cleaning it off before we got out of the gym. That loss really hurt them. Surely you dont know Todd?

LOL, that was a great game. Wayne wrote on the backboards with shoe polish when they cut the nets down and Superfan was up on ladder cleaning it off before we got out of the gym. That loss really hurt them. Surely you dont know Todd?

 

I just saw the preseason rankings for the 12th region, and i must say that whoever made this list hasnt done their homework.. From what I've been told the guy didnt speak to a single coach in the region and that would explain why the rankings are so terribly wrong..

I just saw the preseason rankings for the 12th region, and i must say that whoever made this list hasnt done their homework.. From what I've been told the guy didnt speak to a single coach in the region and that would explain why the rankings are so terribly wrong..

 

yeah, I agree, not very good. Especially the player rankings.

12th region preseason is a joke. Upside down in many ways. Probably only one right is Wayne is probably at the top but the rest are wrong. Too bad this guy didnt talk to coaches or do his homework, makes the region and him look bad!

The 12th is wide open this year, just as it will be every year.
Lincoln County has some nice guard play, but do they have any inside play? If they do have any decent inside play they will be the clear favorite IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.