Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cardinalsvoice

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cardinalsvoice

  1. Marshals win their first game of the season against a very young Heath ball club.
  2. Congrats to Coach Fowler on his first win...great job coach...although I would have said that anyway seeing how I am his uncle... Good luck to both teams the rest of the season...and hopefully the Mustangs can get their first win in the near future.
  3. Coach McKeel is a very promising up and coming head coach that loves his kids and loves what he does. He is tough on his kids...but very fair. He has helped turned Calloway County into a very good program after it had taken a downturn earlier this decade. From what I have seen the last few years he does things the right way
  4. Brockman was supposed to see the doctor again today for another X-Ray and after that a determination will be made on whether or not he will play Friday night against Murray.
  5. While I think that Brossart will be much improved in their 2nd year...I have to give the nod to Owen County in this early season contest. Should be a good game...with both teams featuring the debut of their new head coaches.
  6. I would feel alot better about this game if it were played midway through the season instead of the first game. The Cards will be good...just will have to go through some early bumps. They have enough talent to win the game...and will be a fun team to watch all season long...but to start off against a Ft. Campbell team that returns alot from last seasons 2A state champs will be a very tough test for the Cards. Good thing is that they probably will not face a better team than Ft. Campbell all season long no matter who they face. Mayfield did some good things against both Milan, TN and Christian County but also made some young mistakes in those contests. IMO...the first quarter will be the key to the game for the Cards. If they can move the ball, and make some defensive stops early then it could be a fun game to watch. I still have to favor the Falcons to win the game...but hey it's Mayfield versus Ft. Campbell and as we used to see in the 80's and early 90's...when these two teams get together it usually goes down to the wire...and this year it would not surprise me to see it happen again.
  7. The scrimmage is at 6:30 tonight at the Christian County Middle school
  8. Our thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's family and friends...and to his extended family the Carroll County Football team. It is always sad to hear about a young man or woman losing their life at such a young age. May God Bless everyone involved with the loss of this young man, and to be able to give them comfort in each other. This just goes to show how fragile life can be...and hopefully all of us will remember that no matter how much we root for our "TEAM" that it is young men like this that make up the players on that team and opposing teams that all deserve our respect.
  9. I know that Mayfield wanted to continue the series with Hoptown, but with the new district scheduling schedule that they could not find a common date to play. Would be nice to see these Mayfield and Hoptown back on the schedule.
  10. By moving the season a week later and starting it on Labor Day weekend has done two things...#1) Hopefully the temperatures will be a little cooler than opening day the past few years, and #2) will allow for other family members or former alumni not living in the area an opportunity to come back for the opening game with it being on a long 3-day holiday weekend. IMO it is a win-win situation.
  11. Our thoughts and prayers here in Mayfield also go out to this young man...may God bless him and his family and allow for a healthy and speedy recovery.
  12. Milan is a top contender for their classification this yea and it was a good test for Mayfield this early in the year. Mayfield's offense was very vanilla in what they ran as they just wanted to get a look at how the offensive lines did on their assignments and pick ups. Defensively, Mayfield was in the right spots for most of the time, but just didn't break down on a couple of them. Overall I believe that from what I saw on Friday this Mayfield team, barring injuries and anything else happening, that this team will be a very good team before the end of the year, and should make some noise come playoff time.
  13. I too have recently lost my father to cancer...so I know how hard things will be for this young man. My thoughts and prayers go out to Treavor, his mom and his family as they go through this difficult time. May God bless him and his family. Best of Luck from the western part of the state!!!
  14. From what I have seen and heard this should be a great year for 1A football...good luck to all the teams this year.
  15. Only way to find out where you need improving on is to play teams better than you. Plus it gives the new coaching staff an idea of how the kids are grasping the new systems and what tweaking needs to be done.
  16. I'm sorry to hear that...I know that Sorina was one of the kids that really seemed to play hard last year for the Rockets. Hopefully things will turn around. Sorry if I jinxed the team 00Rocket28 when I mentioned earlier that it looked as if they had turn things around from the beginning of last year's situation and defections to being a team on a mission this year. Hopefully the kids will be back in uniform soon for Coach Starnes.
  17. Crittenden County is a team that could cause a lot of problems for people this year. I saw how much they improved from the first game I saw them in the middle of the year when they hosted Mayfield to the the playoff game against the Cardinals that they almost won, and to have almost all of the starters back from that team a year ago is really scary. I also have to believe that the Rockets banned together last year after the early season struggles and defection of their top player to become a TEAM. I look for big things this season for Crittenden County and hope that they and Coach Starnes have a great year with lots of success...with the exception of one, maybe two games this year.
  18. I agree that losing Rump is a shame...and hopefully he can take care of what he needs to and be back next season. He would have been a good breather and change of pace back for Murrell this season. As far as the linemen go they are a question mark heading into this season in a couple of spots. But the best thing about Freshman and Sophomores is that they become Sophomores and Juniors...and hopefully ones that hit the weight room during the off season. This team in my opinion is a year away from being a GREAT team. They can still be a great team this season, but the linemen have to improve and Guhy will have to show that he can handle the blitz and move in the pocket better. I have no doubt he can do that and will be a very good QB before he graduates in three years. I am looking forward to the season getting under way at the Alliance Bowl against Ft. Campbell...should be a great test for the Cards!!!
  19. Anyone know what teams will be participating in this years post Christmas Tournament at Campbellsville University. I believe that Mayfield is one of the teams this year. Was just curious as to what other teams would be there this year. Thanks!!!
  20. Mayfield's non district schedule starts with defending 2A State Champion Ft. Campbell, and also includes 3A State Semifinalist Paducah Tilghman, 6A schools Marshall County and Graves County, 4A Calloway County, and 2A Caldwell County
  21. I think you hit the nail on the head not only in this city/county showdown, but also the key to Calloway's season. If Willis plays the opposing defenses have to be able to stop both the run and the pass. If Willis is not in the lineup you will see teams blitz Brockman all season long.
  22. Mayfield - Xavier Shelton WR/Safety. Shelton's big play ability has him a home run threat everytime the ball is in his hands either on pass routes, punt and kick off returns, or making interceptions. He has the size 6'3" and the speed to play in college. Luckily for Mayfield fans he is only a junior to be this season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.