Owen Co.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is...and heard from a very reliable source that there was not much coming up from the younger ranks. I know one of the man things that Coach Fowler is wanting to do is to get the elementary and middle school numbers up, and to also have them running the same type of schemes that the high school does so when those players get to high school you don't have to teach a system but coach the system. That is what the great programs do. Coach Fowler saw that when he was growing up in the Mayfield system and then again when he played in Shelby County saw how much of an improvement the Rockets had when they started from elementary on up to the high school level.

But you can't blame some of the students who have not played football or the former players who see it as their third head coach in three years in not wanting to come out, but I gotta feeling that will change in the coming years with the new coaching staff in place.

It is sad that the players chose when they come out.

Everyone should be ready to go the first day.

Some players did have prior committments but it will be interesting to see how the coaching staff handles the players who want to come out when school starts.

Heard that noone showed up for their football camp. Saw it advertised in the Owen County paper. He must have not contacted the park and recreation director because he always has kids out. I know when the Rebels play our county in the traveling leagues on Sunday, they always have good teams.

Wow! Going from 45-50 players to around 25 is a rather significant drop off. It's a shame that the decline is due to the head coaching (or lack there of) last year (or so I assume this is the cause in the decline of numbers).

Whos to say it has anything to do with the coaching staff from last year. Matt Blackburn is back so does that mean the numbers should be greater and their not??????